Pride of America Hawaii: Newet Itinerary?

ajtraveler66

I took a Hawaiian cruise back in 2008 and it seems to me that we never had an 'overnight' at any of the ports.

The itinerary I'm looking at now appears to have an overnight on Maui and another overnight on Kawai.

Am I right on this?

Wow. This makes me want to take another cruise. Did the overnight stay at these two ports make a big difference? I would think it would be awesome.

I'm anxious to hear what everyone has to say.

I took a Hawaiian cruise back in 2008 and it seems to me that we never had an 'overnight' at any of the ports.

The itinerary I'm looking at now appears to have an overnight on Maui and another overnight on Kawai.

Am I right on this?

Wow. This makes me want to take another cruise. Did the overnight stay at these two ports make a big difference? I would think it would be awesome.

I'm anxious to hear what everyone has to say.

Yes, and an overnight in Hawaii.

Are you sure you didn't overnight in Maui and Kauai on the P of A? We went on the Pride of America in 2007 and overnighted in Maui and in Kaui. It was great! We ended up staying at a hotel on Kaanapaali beach in Maui to avoid drinking and driving after we saw the Old Lahaina Luao. It was nice knowing you did not have to hurry back to the ship.

Edited by maja651

I really don't think we did an overnight. I think I would have remembered that. Everyday we had to worry about getting back on the ship on time.

In fact, I've been on three cruises and I've never done an overnight on any of them. That's why Bermuda has looked so appealing to me until I saw what looked to be a better itinerary for Hawaii.

Thanks for the input.

I really don't think we did an overnight. I think I would have remembered that. Everyday we had to worry about getting back on the ship on time.

In fact, I've been on three cruises and I've never done an overnight on any of them. That's why Bermuda has looked so appealing to me until I saw what looked to be a better itinerary for Hawaii.

Thanks for the input.

NCL's POA, Jade (POH) have always done overnights in the two ports mentioned.

Is it possible you sailed Pride of Aloha (now the Sky) which sailed longer than 7 days but sailed to Fanning Island to drop off supplies for the needy island, this was part of the agreement NCL had to make with State of Hawaii in order to flag the ships US.

You can get your cruise history by signing into your acct at NCL then on left of page click on your laitudes level then you'll see a heading cruise history.

Then post the ship you sailed and year for Hawaii.

We also sailed Hawaii in 1/2008 on the POH Pride of Hawaii and did b2b and know for sure we had overnights.

Edited by Ilovesailing

and it was nice to overnight in Kauai and Maui. The first day in Maui we took a Road to Hana tour, and the 2nd day we rented a car and drove to the other side of the island had a nice drive along the coast, good lunch nice scenery

In Kauai, we took a photo tour the first day, and the second day you leave in the afternoon so we just went to the nearby beach and stayed there for the morning and ate at Duke's

We would do that itinerary again

Just left the POA last week, did 1 night over in Maui, went to the Old Lahaina Luau which was awesome. then the Hurricane warnings came, so we missed the overnight scheduled in Kauai but had an unscheduled sea day which was great too. We had a terrific Captain and barely any listing. Great trip all in all.:D