Tell me about the Captain's Suites on Freedom

hughdm

These seem to be a bit of a "secret". Who has experience to share? Thanks in advance...

Hughdm,,we stayed in the Captain's Suite on the Valor. We liked the separate bedroom and living room area, as well as the massive balcony. You must stay conscious of the fact that even though you can see down the entire side of the ship,,those same people can see you. One thing we didn't care for,,and not sure if this might be the same on the Freedom, but only half of the walk in closet was available for use,,the other half was sealed shut,not a deal breaker but a small inconvenience. If we were to sail Carnival in the future,,I would look into booking that suite again,,the balcony alone was worth the big price tag!!:)

...and the price tag for that suite for a 7-day cruise for 2 is around $6,000.00 in off-peak weeks and around $7,000.00 during peak periods.

forward,,,I think we paid around $6,600.00 for that stateroom back in March when the kids were on spring break.:eek:

We stayed in one of the Captain's Suites on the Carnival Sunshine. It was certainly the best cruise ship cabin I've ever stayed in! I totally loved the view forward, and the electric blinds that could be closed with the touch of a button. The balcony was fantastic, and was wind protected. Great balcony furniture, and the view can not be beat.

The little thing that I actually liked the best was having two bathrooms. It was just me and my wife in the cabin, so we each had our own bathroom. This made it a lot easier to get ready at the same time. If you are going to be sharing the cabin with kids, there are several additional beds and I bet it would be great to have a bathroom just for the kids.

If you're travelling with friends or family in other cabins... it's a great room to use as a central meeting place and "party central". Lots of room to seat people on that big couch.

Here's a video I put together to show people what the Captain's Suite is all about:

[YOUTUBE]wpeztXSowsM[/YOUTUBE]

You can read more about our cruise in the Captain's Suite at http://www.jimzim.net/CarnivalSunshine.html

I'm glad I experienced a Carnival Captain's Suite one time, but I don't believe I'll be doing it again. It was a fun one-time splurge, but for that price you could cruise three weeks in a balcony cabin. Or, for less than that price, you could stay in a Haven Spa Suite on the Norwegian Getaway... which offers a much more amazing experience.

We like our suites and the perks that come with them. Unfortunately Carnival's only suite perk is priority embark and disembark. This is what drove us to MSC's Yacht Club. Large two room suite, one bathroom though:(. A large balcony, all inclusive drinks and mini-bar as well as butler service and plenty of other perks, for 2/3 the price. If Carnival was to revamp their suite program, we might reconsider sailing with them again, but for now, there are just to many options with better suite perks at the same or lower prices.