Cheers 6 day cost, Why the Mystery???

jsvarp

Please don't advise me to call Carnival, when I phoned on the 7th, they weren't even aware there was a pricing change the following day! I am quite aware of the range, but why O why can't anyone for certain tell me what a 6 day costs?

Is there anyone on board now who can confirm this for me? I am a planner by nature, and this is bothering me and messing with my budgeting, lol.

Please don't advise me to call Carnival, when I phoned on the 7th, they weren't even aware there was a pricing change the following day! I am quite aware of the range, but why O why can't anyone for certain tell me what a 6 day costs?

Is there anyone on board now who can confirm this for me? I am a planner by nature, and this is bothering me and messing with my budgeting, lol.

I was wondering the same thing!!! I got quite frustrated when I called. It's the most idiotic thing Ive experienced with Carnival so far.

I was wondering the same thing!!! I got quite frustrated when I called. It's the most idiotic thing Ive experienced with Carnival so far.

I did see someone else "quoted" the carnival website, but I can't find that information myself to confirm its true, and also it hasn't been confirmed by anyone else including Carnival themselves....

For a 6 night cruise, $42.50 x 6 days = $255 x 15% gratuity ($38.25) = $293.25 per person.

Don't laugh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't my 6 day cruise only a 6 night cruise, so my question remains, right? Its my first cruise so I am ignorant.

on the 7th, my pvp told me they were told not to tell people yet, that it launches the 8th, and util then, it was the old prices.

Apple does the same thing, the day before the press conference, which was planned out for days, cell phone stores still have to say they dont know. Not their choice, but Apple's choice. in this case, it was carnival saying "nothing changes until the 8th, dont say a word about it until the 8th"

Don't laugh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't my 6 day cruise only a 6 night cruise, so my question remains, right? Its my first cruise so I am ignorant.

Yes. They call them "x days" but they're really "x nights" simply because you don't sail until late afternoon, at the earliest. That first partial-day still counts as a day, though, both when the cruise is described and for the Cheers program.

My sister and I purchased Cheers on the Magic last week.....and since we were sailing from Galveston we couldn't purchase it until day 2.

6 days of Cheers, plus gratuity for 2 people was $689.32 per my printed S&S bill.

My sister and I purchased Cheers on the Magic last week.....and since we were sailing from Galveston we couldn't purchase it until day 2.

6 days of Cheers, plus gratuity for 2 people was $689.32 per my printed S&S bill.

So it would have cost you $517 for 2 on the 2nd day a week later with the new rate on a 7 day if I'm reading correct?

Edited by gregg204

You were still under the old pricing.

So it would have cost you $517 for 2 on the 2nd day a week later with the new rate on a 7 day if I'm reading correct?

Yep. :) Plus a few cents.