Forward Cabins on the DAWN

amy417

Can anyone tell me about the suite balconies on the front of the ship? I love to stay on my balcony. I even sleep there sometimes. I always have enjoyed aft balconies but may have a chance to upgrade to these suites one day. What is the wind like? I would think it would blow you away out there but have never heard anyone complain. Can you please describe for me? Bear in mind I value my balcony more than the room amenities.

Thanks,

Can anyone tell me about the suite balconies on the front of the ship? I love to stay on my balcony. I even sleep there sometimes. I always have enjoyed aft balconies but may have a chance to upgrade to these suites one day. What is the wind like? I would think it would blow you away out there but have never heard anyone complain. Can you please describe for me? Bear in mind I value my balcony more than the room amenities.

Thanks,

We stayed in a forward AA suite in May. The front balcony was awesome but really could only be enjoyed thoroughly when we were in port (and when pulling into and out of ports). It's VERY windy out there! A couple of times I hung out there while underway ... if I pulled the loungechair close to the bulkhead door, I was fairly well protected from the wind.

Since your balcony is really important to you, I'm thinking you should not book a forward one--I don't think you'd like sleeping out there unless you stayed overnight in a port. And standing at the railing during the voyage is fun but incredibly windy. It's not like you can hang around sipping a cocktail ir set up a table for dinner. Someone else might not agree of course ... when the bulkhead door is open, watch out! It's like a wund tunnel in the bedroom! :) I loved it, but it is indeed dramatic.

We were lucky enough to have a forward and a side balcony. For the amount you would like to use and enjoy your balcony, the side one would be really good for you.

Hope this helps!

We found that it was fine to be upfront even on sea days. However, we sailed in July/Aug and the seas were exceptionally calm. Also, as I indicated in another thread, these front balconies are not private. Your neighbor can look over the partition, and the bridge has a view of all of them except 10500 and its sister one which are under the overhang of the bridge (and in my opinion, by far the best ACs for that reason among others - much larger cabin, open glass walls to the front, more private balcony).

I had raised the same questions as you when we first booked into an AC (later taking an upsell to the OS). To me the balcony is much more imp than the room, and I had the same worry. All my research led me to conclude that in summertime you were likely to be OK.

Having now sailed though, I would probably only book 10500 and its sister if I were to be in the AC category. THese to me are desirable enough that I would risk the potential for wind disruption. And I wouldn't book any AC except in late spring to early fall because I don't think you'd have use of the balcony on the sea legs up and down except in really warm weather.

Good am all. we were in #10500 and never found it to windy at all. keep in mind the seas were an avarage of 1-2 feet that week. very calm and great views. Take trina's advice only #10500 and #10000 have any privacy. this was a great cabin upgrade. I will try to book this room again. B

Thanks guys!

I think I will stay an aft gal. But atleast now I know I am not missing anything (as far as we are concerned). I noticed that NCL had a cheaper price for our AD in June and told my TA and she gave us an $1100 credit. So I thought it might be nice to surprise my husband with an upgrade. But I guess i will just order massages or something instead.

I'm in 10000 and it is in the center of the forward section. Is that the cabin you were referring to or is it the cabin on the end on the starboard side.

I'm hoping it won't be too windy on the balcony because I love to go out there with a drink and a cigar before dinner.

By the way, how many lounge chairs are provided and is it possible to get more if needed. I thought I saw somewhere on the boards that they only provide one lounge chair.

Don

Sherrie,

Judging from Trina and Benmon, you have a great cabin.

I believe we are right below you and to the right on our cruise. Be sure to wave when we first board and you are on the balcony. I will meet my first fellow 8/28 CC member!

We plan on getting there around 11:30 and hopefully in our cabin by noon.

Don

That is reassuring....can't wait.

Will I be able to enjoy my drink and cigar before dinner or do you think it will be a bit too breezy?

Don

no worries mate, you'll have a great time.

hey benmon, how was your second vacay?!!

We were in 9502 a couple years back. NEVER noticed any wind. Privacy was only an issue when standing out at the rail. In towards the door, the bridge was out of view. I undertand the front balcony on the owners suites are windier than the others in the middle, due to being close the the sides. Would book an AC again without hesitation.

Archived