Vacation Protection

Emeraldeyes5969

Due to an unforeseen circumstances my husband was terminated from his job yesterday which in turn will result in cancelling our vacation... Luckily we purchased Vacation Protection... what documentation will they need as he was let go with no documentation...approx. how long will it take before receiving the refund???

I'm really sorry to hear about your husbands job loss. For our cruise we are purchasing the vacation protection for the first time, so I don't have any information for you but I hope if you find out you can post back to inform us.

I had to file a job-related cancellation a few years back (thankfully not a termination, but because my vacation was canceled when I was promoted and had to go to training).

The insurance company required a notarized letter from my employer, stating that I couldn't go on the cruise and the reason why. When you initiate the insurance claim, they will specifically tell you what they need in order to process it. SAVE everything because they'll ask for the most obscure pieces of information. I had to include proof of how I had paid for the cruise (credit card statements), a copy of the cruise line's cancellation policies, and had to provide contact information for my employer, and even for the PVP who had assisted us with the booking.

We received a refund check about 4 weeks after we initiated the claim. The process is a bit slow since they verify everything, but if you have all of your documentation in order, it should be a fairly painless process.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Due to an unforeseen circumstances my husband was terminated from his job yesterday which in turn will result in cancelling our vacation... Luckily we purchased Vacation Protection... what documentation will they need as he was let go with no documentation...approx. how long will it take before receiving the refund???

Getting documentation of the job loss will be awkward, but clearly needed as proof. I'm sure the insurance company cannot proceed on his word only. Is there any chance you have a cancel for any reason policy?

Perhaps the insurance company could contact the employer to verify or the employee will have a pink slip letter in hand. With insurance OP, you do need to save everything and will often be surprised at what they want too prove your right to insurance check.

we were talking to a couple who had to cancel their cruise due to a hospital stay (surgery?) they had to send in proof of said hospital stay. hospital records, insurance claim, etc. they got a full refund

Sorry to hear about your hubby's job loss, last year we had to cancel a Paradise cruise for a medical reason, first called Carnival and then Berkley Ins. Co., followed their instructions and got a full ..refund... always buy trip insurance cause you never know what may happen as you mostly book trips far ahead.

Good Luck in the future:)

So sorry to hear, we are another been there done that. We had to get a letter on company letter head stating DH was no longer employed by the company. Filled out the forms we had a refund in about 10 days. Hope you have happier times ahead.