Next Crown dry dock or renovation?

SissyG

We are booked on the Crown this Oct/Nov and also Sept. 2015 and thought I read somewhere that the Crown was scheduled for some work sometime next year..anyone have any info on this?

Crown Princess is scheduled for a drydock in San Francisco on May 2nd, 2015 for about two weeks...

We are booked on the Crown this Oct/Nov and also Sept. 2015 and thought I read somewhere that the Crown was scheduled for some work sometime next year..anyone have any info on this?

Yes, the Crown Princess goes in for a "12 Day Tuneup & Refreshening" from May 3, 2015 thru May 15, 2015! Oh, by the way, DW & I are on the Crown for the "Oct 2015 H,S & T" cruise! Looking forward to your review! :D

Apparently, nothing major although it would be nice if they updated the TVs and programming system to be like the Royal/Regal.

Here's the link to the unofficial Princess dry dock schedule: https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

Apparently, nothing major although it would be nice if they updated the TVs and programming system to be like the Royal/Regal.

Here's the link to the unofficial Princess dry dock schedule: https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

By the by...I was speaking with my friend at Princess and he mentioned that the on-demand system will be fleetwide by the end of next year. He did say that Crown should have it by the end of this year!

By the by...I was speaking with my friend at Princess and he mentioned that the on-demand system will be fleetwide by the end of next year. He did say that Crown should have it by the end of this year!

That's good...the Sapphire had the flat panel TVs & on-demand entertainment system added without a drydock before going to Asia. I wonder if they're also adding the helpful intranet that's on the Royal/Regal?

That's good...the Sapphire had the flat panel TVs & on-demand entertainment system added without a drydock before going to Asia. I wonder if they're also adding the helpful intranet that's on the Royal/Regal?

Yeah but when they did it onboard it was a mess and very intrusive to passengers. I hope they don't do it that way anymore.

Yeah but when they did it onboard it was a mess and very intrusive to passengers. I hope they don't do it that way anymore.

Yes & it was also being done during our January b2b four day cruises on the Sapphire plus they were filming commercials for the Asian market which fortunately neither one adversely affected our experience.

I believe so!

We were onboard for four days during the installation on the Sapphire and it didn't impact our cruise even though there were workers in our corridor and boxes in the hallways.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Crown Princess is scheduled for a drydock in San Francisco on May 2nd, 2015 for about two weeks...

I love when the Princess ships do their dry dock in SF... its just down the street from where I live and it just makes me so excited when I see them everyday... we got to take one right outta dry dock once... it was cool... early boarding cuz no one was getting off

That's fantastic news, it really is a great addition, we loved it on Royal. Hope Caribbean Princess will have it by next summer. :)

We were onboard for four days during the installation on the Sapphire and it didn't impact our cruise even though there were workers in our corridor and boxes in the hallways.
You were lucky. They were in and out of my cabin several times, no TV during the cruise since they couldn't get it to work properly. You could turn the TV on but not navigate to anything. The blue flashing light was very annoying at night and they had to put black electrical tape in it.

You were lucky. They were in and out of my cabin several times, no TV during the cruise since they couldn't get it to work properly. You could turn the TV on but not navigate to anything. The blue flashing light was very annoying at night and they had to put black electrical tape in it.

Same here, it was intrusive. :(