Celebrity Caribbean Zipline - Barbados or St Kitts

downundermatt

Apologies for posting here, but it made more sense than posting twice in two Caribbean threads - we are on the Eclipse in November and are keen to take the plunge (sic) on our First Zip Line adventure.

Both excursions are thru Celebrity are three hours - St Kitts is a little more expensive than Barbados - has anyone done both and can possibly recommend one over the other. Thanks

I was faced with the same question this past March on our 10 Day Equinox cruise.

I did the research and picked St Kitts over Barbados. As a matter of fact it was so much fun we are going to do it again in March 2015 when we are back there on Silhouette.

My research lead me to You Tube and the clips from St Kitts just blew me away. The safety features in the St Kitts version will be very comforting to a first timer. In my Photo Trip Report I go into more details on the St Kitts Zip Lining.

Equinox Photo Trip Report

Since I did not do the Barbados version I can only comment from what I saw from You Tube Videos. But, I did not like the idea of wearing gloves which would impede my ability to take video and pictures while zipping. While the St Kitts had no gloves and the Helmet provided easily adapted to my GoPro Helmet mount. If I could get my act together I would be able to show some pretty breath taking footage of St Kitts Zip lining.

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I am terrified of heights, but I booked the zip line in St. Kitts for my husband and me when we were on the Equinox in January 2012. If I remember correctly it's about 1000 feet above the ground. But since it's over the rain forest, the density of the treetops make it seem not so far down. 😉Anyway, it was wonderful! The lines are fairly long except for the last one. On a couple of the platforms, there were monkeys hanging out in the trees. I had a blast! And the view is spectacular! (When I returned to my real life, I looked down to the street below and outside my 11th floor office window and couldn't believe that I had soared through the air from about that same height!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Apologies for posting here, but it made more sense than posting twice in two Caribbean threads - we are on the Eclipse in November and are keen to take the plunge (sic) on our First Zip Line adventure.

Both excursions are thru Celebrity are three hours - St Kitts is a little more expensive than Barbados - has anyone done both and can possibly recommend one over the other. Thanks

I'm pretty sure we're shipmates( 11/23)!

We have already booked the St. Kitt's zipline after watching video on Youtube. It looks like a blast. We have ziplined before ( St. Lucia) and had a great time. This one looks even better and has great reviews. Can't tell you anything about Barbados. Hope this helps a little!

Diane

There is no chair on the St. Kitts' zip line. You just hold on to the bar. You wear a safety harness and a helmet. Other than that, your legs are dangling down as you hold onto the bar above you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes Dianne we are indeed shipmates on the Eclipse.:)

Thanks everyone for your advice, we will indeed choose St Kitts.

Seems Celebrity only offer zip lining one the morning, maybe because we leave at 5pm. I was hoping to do an AM tour and the ziplining in the afternoon. Does anyone know if this will be possible ?