Cruise ideas needed please.

ksy8384

My husband and I are booked on the Miracle for a 15 day Hawaii cruise in Jan 2015. We just found out that his company has put out a memo that there will be NO vacations granted the month of Jan. Period at all for any reason. This could possible change but we really don't want to take the chance. If we change our cruise now we can just pay a change fee. We would like to do a B2B but I am having difficulty finding a second cruise that fits the dates of the Hawaii cruise. And I assume that since we are booked on Carnival the new cruise has to be Carnival we can't transfer that to a sister line?

Any suggestions?

Was your husband approved for the vacation from his work prior to the company announcement? If so, he should ask them about it.

I would think you can do a B2B with any ship. If you go from one to another, you will have to claim your luggage, go thru customs, then board the next ship during regular boarding.

My husband and I are booked on the Miracle for a 15 day Hawaii cruise in Jan 2015. We just found out that his company has put out a memo that there will be NO vacations granted the month of Jan. Period at all for any reason. This could possible change but we really don't want to take the chance. If we change our cruise now we can just pay a change fee. We would like to do a B2B but I am having difficulty finding a second cruise that fits the dates of the Hawaii cruise. And I assume that since we are booked on Carnival the new cruise has to be Carnival we can't transfer that to a sister line?

Any suggestions?

hi you can not change to a sister line. It is going to depend what package you bought early saver? I would call and ask how they can help you if you booked with Carnival, if you are doing a B2B i would stress that and see if they will drop the cancellation fee. They may say no now but later say yes. I have done it and got the fee waived but it took talking to someone else later on to be able to get that done.

Any suggestions?

Pardon but how can you be looking for a B2B for the same dates as your current Hawaiian booking if no one can take a vacation in January?

As far as back to back, there are several options out of Florida. Is that feasible?

If you booked Early Saver on Carnival will lose $50 of your deposit to cancel. The balance of your deposit can then be applied to another Carnival cruise within two years, I think.

None of your funds with a Carnival booking can be directly moved to a different brand under the Carnival Corp.

Not the same days, sorry. Looking at Oct 2015. We booked the cruise last Feb. and he put in for the time then. His company is getting a big contract at the beginning of the year and so this is the rule from the top down. I don't know if he got formal approval or not. Even their union is on board with the rule so I don't know that it would matter.

I had another thought. Can we book 2 cruises with the credit and pay any difference? And he did call Carnival and we are booked Early Saver.

Miracle is sailing to Hawaii in October 2015 too. I know this for a fact. I'm

booked.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

Edited by losijon

There is a HI cruise out of Long Beach leaving Oct 17, 2015 ;)

That's the one I'm on.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015