Caution: Major Itinerary Changes for Viking Empire cruise

algaes

My wife and I are booked for the maiden 50 day Viking Empire cruise departing April 11, 2015. While doing some research today, I discovered the online itinerary is substantially different from the one posted when we all paid up in 2013. It is also different from the Oceans brochure published as recently as 5/20/14.

See attached document where the changes I found are highlighted in orange in the fifth column. Fourth column highlighting is personal.

The eight alterations in the Barcelona to Bergen leg include no overnights in France or UK, no Gibraltar stop, dropped days at sea, etc.

All of this has happened without any communication to my travel agent and also nothing from Viking directly even though they have our pre-registered emails.

Cruise Itinerary v2.pdf

I believe that itinerary for 4/11/15 will be the same as when we booked. If you look at the Passages Through Western Europe cruise, there is a pdf file for the 2015 Barcelona to Bergen itinerary that matches the original Viking Empire itinerary for these ports.

Edited by Love2Sew

Latest info in web site for Passages leg indicates the same changes as shown in the revised Empire itinerary.

"Below is the itinerary for the Passage Through Western Europe cruise, traveling from Bergen to Barcelona. For additional details, view the complete itinerary.

Day 1 | Bergen, Norway

Day 2 | Haugesund, Norway

Day 3 | Cruise the North Sea

Day 4 | London (Southampton), England

Day 5 | Le Havre (Paris), France

Day 6 | Cherbourg, France

Day 7 | Cruise the Atlantic

Day 8 | A Coruña, Spain

Day 9 | Leixões, (Porto), Portugal

Day 10 | Lisbon, Portugal

Day 11 | Cádiz, Spain

Day 12 | Málaga (Granada), Spain

Day 13 | Cruise the Mediterranean Sea

Day 14 | Barcelona, Spain

Day 15 | Barcelona, Spain"

• 2 months later...
I called Viking directly and they could not have been more helpful. There have been NO changes to our itenary. We are booked on the Viking Homelands leaving Bergen on 7/11 and arriving in Stockholm on 7/25.

We get on when you get off and do the reverse voyage. Has Viking provided you with port times yet? Also, are you using their air with deviation? I was told that we couldn't book air till December. Thanks.