Bellinis in Australia?

Truffle

We love to drink Bellinis, however I have never found peach nectar available on a cruise, so I have brought several of the small cans aboard in our luggage to enjoy with our champagne in our stateroom. This has always been for cruises on which we embark in the US. I am really unsure as to Customs rules regarding this, if packed in our CHECKED luggage? Is one allowed to bring closed containers of juice into a foreign country? We are flying into Sydney, Australia.

Barring that, any Aussies know if the small cans of peach nectar available in the grocery stores in Sydney? I usually by the Kerns brand but I don't care specifically, as long as I can get some.

Hi

Peach nector is readily available in glass bottles and cans in Australian supermarkets if however decide to BYO.

You need to declare all food items on entry documentation when entering Australia , I would not anticipate any issue with labelled juice .As an aside the "I have goods to declare line" is often faster in Sydney than the "nothing to declare line".

Bellinis should be made with Prosecco, although champagne will do if you must lol.There is an excellent Prosecco made in Australia by Brown Brothers. It is as good if not better than the Prosecco made in Italy ( I have tried a lot) and can be bought at all bottle shops. As pp mentions peach nectar is readily available. Incidentally both Sydney and Melbourne have very large Italian communities so all things Italian are very much in our DNA!

I had a Bellini in the Passport Bar on the Solstice in May about five minutes after checking in to begin our cruise. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Happy to hear this!