Vibration in Pride main dining room

rpmljm

I was just on Pride last week, and I wondered if anyone else has been bothered by the excessive and unpleasant vibration in the aft section of Pride's main dining room. Luckily our assigned dinner table was in the front section of the DR, but we were seated in the aft section for brunch/breakfast several times and had to ask to be moved further forward. I hope this is something they can fix during refurb.

Also, is this the same for the cabins that are located in the very back of the ship? If so, I don't know how people would stand that.

Noticed it once at brunch on the first sea day when we were seated at a table next to an aft window but dat in the aft several times for dinner and didn't feel it. Our 7th floor aft cabin had a very gentle vibration that was actually very relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Kimberlyr22

We were on the Pride 3 years ago, and that dining room vibrated like crazy. lol:D:D:D

Yes, I can attest to that. We had an aft wrap on deck 4 and it was really noticeable. It seemed less the next time we sailed on it, but still annoying. I hope they totally fix it during drydock.

I was just on Pride last week, and I wondered if anyone else has been bothered by the excessive and unpleasant vibration in the aft section of Pride's main dining room. Luckily our assigned dinner table was in the front section of the DR, but we were seated in the aft section for brunch/breakfast several times and had to ask to be moved further forward. I hope this is something they can fix during refurb.

Also, is this the same for the cabins that are located in the very back of the ship? If so, I don't know how people would stand that.

We've been on the Pride twice; Feb. 2010, 2014 and will sail her again in 2015. We have never felt vibration in the main dining room. When we first started taking cruise vacations, I always wanted to be on a lower deck, in the middle of the ship. In early 2000, we were upgraded to one of the wrap-around suites at the back of the Carnival Legend. I was skeptical, but we felt no vibration at all. Since then, we always get an AFT balcony and thankfully, haven't had vibration.

Been on Pride a few times. Yes, there is marked vibration at the back of the MDR. It was enough to give GD motion sickness. We were moved closer to the entrance to get away from the vibration which helped.

Thought I'd add there wasn't the same vibration on Legend.

Edited by Grannycb

I noticed it every night in the Miracle in Feb. Has made me weary to get an aft cabin on those class ships. But I did enjoy the ships overall.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I don't think it's just the Pride...I've noticed a little extra motion aft on the Miracle, the Splendor, the Triumph, the Glory...I've had aft balconies on many of these ships and have sat in the back of the dining room & felt it also. But I like the extra motion ;):D!

If you don't want the motion, don't go in the ocean. Stay home and sit in a chair. Ooops, the house shook a little when that big truck drove by.

It's not necessary to stay home! You'll be fine if you avoid the far aft locations. The rest of the ship has a smooth ride.

It's not necessary to stay home! You'll be fine if you avoid the far aft locations. The rest of the ship has a smooth ride.

What is so bothersome about vibration. Vibration tells you are moving forward to your next destination. Gee, there is vibration on the tenders, even a motor boat at home. Relax people, vibration is good:)

Last New Years on the Legend, on the last night they sat us at the back window in the dining room and man did it shake. It was a sideways vibration like the driveshaft was out of balance. We made it through the meal although a few of our party left early as they couldn't take it. It's not "motion of the ocean". It's an engine/driveshaft/propeller vibration and very noticeable in the very aft. I would be upset if I had to dine there every evening and will make sure on our upcoming Pride trip that we are not all the way aft (party of 18)!

If you don't want the motion, don't go in the ocean. Stay home and sit in a chair. Ooops, the house shook a little when that big truck drove by.

How incredibly clever. I laughed until I vibrated, but that may have just been the truck that passed by.

Pride's vibration is not the motion of the ocean. It is engine vibration. It hasn't bothered us on two Pride cruises, but it is enough to bother some. You can watch objects vibrate on tables in the MDR. And it doesn't just happen when that "big wave" passed by, it is constant.

And a thread like this might help some who would prefer to book more forward and avoid the vibration if they wish.

How incredibly clever. I laughed until I vibrated, but that may have just been the truck that passed by.

Pride's vibration is not the motion of the ocean. It is engine vibration. It hasn't bothered us on two Pride cruises, but it is enough to bother some. You can watch objects vibrate on tables in the MDR. And it doesn't just happen when that "big wave" passed by, it is constant.

And a thread like this might help some who would prefer to book more forward and avoid the vibration if they wish.

You are absolutely right, it is engine vibration. What I noticed was that one of the props seemed to be putting out less wake than the other, leading to the vibration. We don't mind the waves and motion of the ship and in fact love it, but when there is a constant vibration it can be annoying and should be fixed.

Was on the Pride in October 2012 and could feet the engine vibration the entire cruise when in the MDR and in my AFT Balcony on deck 6. Hopeing to sail on her again in 2015!

Edited by garyf3

We were assigned table in aft of MDR and took pictures of our "dancing glasses" during some of the dinners. Worst when ship is at full speed. Videotaped cheesecake swaying with the vibration. Asked to be moved because it was causing motion sickness, but dining room was full.

Sorry I got carried away. I was thinking of the song. Anyway we were on the pride in September 2010 and the vibration was felt very much in the MDR. The pride went into dry dock in eary 2013 for creating serenity and I guess they did not do anything about it at the time.

In January 2012 we were on the pride in the MDR for breakfast and my DW and I watched a water glass vibrate from the middle of the table and just as it reached the end my DW grabbed it so it would not fall off.

In 28 days we will be back on the pride and I am sure the vibration will still be there. One thing is for sure we will still have a blast vibration or not.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

We noticed it a couple years ago on the Pride when we were seated by the back wall of the MDR. We asked for a new table and didn't notice it there...but the back tables, especially the smaller ones, will give you a massage while you eat!