Crown & Anchor & Captain'sClub combined!

I just came from paying for our December cruise on the Monarch. My TA told me that RCL & X HAVE combined their "frequent cruiser" clubs!!! I don't know exactly what that means for us, I have cruised twice with X-this will be my 1st with RCL. We would enjoy ourselves either way,but I'm sure this will make it even nicer.

To paraphrase former president Clinton, It all depends on what the definition of "combined" is.

Any cruise you take on RCL or Celebrity counts only to the membership levels for that line. But once you reach the second (or third) level in one, you will get membership in the other club at that same level.

You have 2 cruises on Celebrity now. That is not enough for level 2 (Select). If your next 4 cruises are all on RCL, you will still not be at level 2 (Platinum) on either one (2 credits on Cel and 4 credits on RCL). But if, after your next cruise, you return to Celebrity for 3 more cruises, you will be Select in the Captain's Club and will be granted Platinum in C&A.

So they have some cross-club benefits, but the cruise credits do not combine to advance you faster.

All this is true unless there is an announcement in the last few days that hasn't made it to the general public or their web site.

well,my TA told me today that this had just happened & she would apply for & let me know what benefits we will be getting ( we don't leave until December so there is still plenty of time!)

Sorry, but your TA did not give you the correct info.

I am a TA and do a lot of business with RCI. I confirmed a Celebrity cruise for myself today and am Diamond Plus with RCI (45 cruises). I checked both websites and then called Captains Club and Crown and Anchor to confirm my understanding. The privileges are reciprocal, period. And the benefits on RCI that are really great, IMO, are not extended to me on Celebrity because they are not a part of their program. I will receive the benefits of and Elite CC member, period. No credit is given to my C&A status for my cruise on X.

And, this was announced June, 2004.

Sorry but if you will check RCCL site you will see that caviargal is correct. Your TA gave you bad information, have to admit the way RCCL has it written is a little confusing. I can see how your TA might have gotten it wrong.

Lon

Thee was some talk about doing it but for now as the other posters indicated

only at Platimum and above are there reciprocal agreements.

I for one think it would be a god idea because it seems that C&A has a better range of benefits particularly internet minutes, goodies for C&A Platinum and above but the Captains Club folks want to be separate.

Would save RCCL a ton of money which maybe they could put into more benefits. IMHO

Archived