Internet Package

kaiemiascott2

I am sure this topic has come up many times, would appreciate it if someone could tell me how much the internet package is on the Royal. We will be on a 20 day cruise in January and would like to have access to the computer from our stateroom if possible to keep in touch with our family.

Many thanks for your responses.

I am sure this topic has come up many times, would appreciate it if someone could tell me how much the internet package is on the Royal. We will be on a 20 day cruise in January and would like to have access to the computer from our stateroom if possible to keep in touch with our family.

Try this link, it is found on the internet under "Internet access on Princess Cruises" :D

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/communications/index.jsp

Cato :)

Keep in mind that Skype and Facetime probably won't work very well on board. On some Princess ships they actually post a sign in the computer area the Facetime and Skype maybe blocked at times.

Kamloops and Donna's Dad,

Many thanks for your responses. Looks like the prices are not that bad and being away for that length of time I would like to keep in touch with family.

I think just having emails sent back and forth will work for us. Must admit I have never done Facetime or Skype but I am sure my grandchildren know how to do it. They think we are from the "dark ages"!

Again, Thank you for your help.

Keep in mind that Skype and Facetime probably won't work very well on board. On some Princess ships they actually post a sign in the computer area the Facetime and Skype maybe blocked at times.

I used Skype every night for 11 days on Coral. The folks

I was with were more apple-ish, and used Facetime to talk

to their kids at home.

I get calls and messages all the time on Viber from people

on ships.

Perhaps I should try to learn Facebook or Skype before boarding since it looks like some of you had success with both of them.

Again thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

Don't confuse FaceTime with Facebook.

I prepaid for internet on forthcoming Ruby (08 Sep) a couple of days ago. Received email receipt but it is not yet appearing on my "travel summary" docs under special services which is where I would have expected it to be detailed.... Should I give it a couple more days or not worry about it and just show the receipt on board to activate ?

Thanks for any advice

This is because both FaceTime (not Facebook) and Skype are big bandwidth hogs and the ship's Internet has limited bandwidth. Even if you are able to use it successfully, chances are someone else trying to send an email will time out and lose precious minutes that they've paid for.

This is because both FaceTime (not Facebook) and Skype are big bandwidth hogs and the ship's Internet has limited bandwidth. Even if you are able to use it successfully, chances are someone else trying to send an email will time out and lose precious minutes that they've paid for.

If princess wishes to block certain apps, or go to data based charging,

that's fine. I will simply play by whatever rules are put in place

BY PRINCESS.

I prepaid for internet on forthcoming Ruby (08 Sep) a couple of days ago. Received email receipt but it is not yet appearing on my "travel summary" docs under special services which is where I would have expected it to be detailed.... Should I give it a couple more days or not worry about it and just show the receipt on board to activate ?

Thanks for any advice

I prepaid for internet back in May for our cruise in Oct. It doesn't show in my cruise personalizer either but I have a copy of the special services order summary email I'll take with me just in case. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Forums app