changing stateroom.

yoj13

Following our transatlantic on the Epic in November, we have decided to follow this with a week down to the Caribbean on the same ship. However, we have now realised that our stateroom on this sector of the cruise is a 'hull' balcony and would like to change it if possible. The trip has been paid for in full. Is this something that NCL would consider and if so, is there a fee for doing so? I have searched CC and NCL but have been un-successful in finding any info on this matter.

Thank you both for your very quick responses. I booked it online and there was a small choice (probably 4/5) to choose from.

It was only after reading an interesting thread regarding the balconies on Epic that I realised the choice made could have been better. There seems to be lots of availability still, I was just really wanting to know if it was doable and had anyone had any success. Thank you once again.

Edited by yoj13
spelling

Thank you both for your very quick responses. I booked it online and there was a small choice (probably 4/5) to choose from.

It was only after reading an interesting thread regarding the balconies on Epic that I realised the choice made could have been better. There seems to be lots of availability still, I was just really wanting to know if it was doable and had anyone had any success. Thank you once again.

Since you selected the cabin (rather than a guarantee assignment), if there is an available cabin you'd like in the exact same category of balcony, good odds that they will let you swap cabins without a charge. On the other hand, if the cabin you now desire is in a different category, you likely will be asked to pay the difference between the current price of the desired cabin and the price you paid for your current cabin. So if I were in your shoes, I'd check available cabins in your own category first (or in categories currently priced at or below what you paid); if you find a good one, call ncl (assuming the on line booking was done via ncl.com) to ask if you can swap cabin numbers. If you cannot find an acceptable cabin on that first search, start looking at higher priced categories to decide if the price difference is worth it to you. You are better off investing the researching this yourself rather than calling before researching.

Edited by Starry Eyes