Seattle Luggage transfer for $3

alolewis

Just got back from the Grand Princess. Our flight landed at 0800 and we wanted to do some sightseeing at Seattle Pioneer Square first, at the airport I asked the Princess rep about transferring luggage only and they said they now will transfer luggage from SEATAC to Pier 91 for $3 a bag (Princess and Holland America). We did this and next saw our luggage when it was delivered to our stateroom! Took light rail from airport to downtown, explored some and had a nice seafood lunch and then took number 24 bus from downtown to pier 91. People had said it was a long walk from bus stop to shop but less than half mile, had no problems. On return used EZ check and the bus and lightrail to airport, beat the traffic.

Just got back from the Grand Princess. Our flight landed at 0800 and we wanted to do some sightseeing at Seattle Pioneer Square first, at the airport I asked the Princess rep about transferring luggage only and they said they now will transfer luggage from SEATAC to Pier 91 for $3 a bag (Princess and Holland America). We did this and next saw our luggage when it was delivered to our stateroom! Took light rail from airport to downtown, explored some and had a nice seafood lunch and then took number 24 bus from downtown to pier 91. People had said it was a long walk from bus stop to shop but less than half mile, had no problems. On return used EZ check and the bus and lightrail to airport, beat the traffic.

Very nice...thanks for the heads-up!

I have heard that you can't walk from the street to the pier, do to traffic concerns.

I have heard that you can't walk from the street to the pier, do to traffic concerns.

Depends how zealously they are policing, I suppose. I walked out from the dock at Dover when doing a hike on a turnaround day even though you are really supposed to take a shuttle van, due to construction. As it was 6 am, I had no trouble and no danger. But I took the shuttle from the gate back to the ship later on.

Both days Sundays Aug 10 and Aug 17 they had security guards directing traffic where you had to cross streets. They have a path marked with hassmarks and is safe to walk. You do need to show the security guard at the bottom of the stairs your ID and cruise ticket. Several other people where also walking to the street. The street is elevated on an overpass (Magnolia bridge?).