Bar hop or??? Salsa or..

C2174

Hello, my husband and I will be in Cozumel in November on Navigator. We are a young 40 year old couple. We are trying to do something fun and upbeat in Cozumel.

If the other two couples are coming with us, we will likely do the Salsa Salsa Margarita tour through the ship. If not we are looking. I saw the Bar Hop Cozumel (booked independently). Can anyone put out some pro's or cons to either option?

Anything else we should look at? I think we need to book early. There will be 7 ships in port including Alure.

Thanks!

Hello, my husband and I will be in Cozumel in November on Navigator. We are a young 40 year old couple. We are trying to do something fun and upbeat in Cozumel.

If the other two couples are coming with us, we will likely do the Salsa Salsa Margarita tour through the ship. If not we are looking. I saw the Bar Hop Cozumel (booked independently). Can anyone put out some pro's or cons to either option?

Anything else we should look at? I think we need to book early. There will be 7 ships in port including Alure.

Thanks!

We just did the Cozumel Bar Hop & highly suggest you do that tour. There is the thread on the Cozumel thread with people discussing it & with our review.

Your,Salsa Salsa Margarita tour, since I am not familiar with that tour someone else will have to compare the two of them.

If we ever get back to Cozumel again, we will be on the Bar Hop once again. YES ............. it is that much fun :D:D !

I would definitely recommend the Bar Hop. We just did it again the third time! The East side of the Island is absolutely amazing. The Bars are a lot of fun and the scenery is beautiful!

(PS - Hi Jay and Sophia - It was great hopping with you!)

Hi !!!! It was a bunch of fun hopping with you too :D:D !!! Wish we would have found out about this tour years ago.

That sounds like something we would really enjoy! I think we will try to book it! 12 1/2 weeks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will enjoy it & if you have any questions for the tour company to answer, they are good at getting the info back to you or we can try to help also :) !!.

The only potential downside to the Bar Hop is that they can cancel if not enough people sign up. You should know whether or not your Hop is canceled about a week or earlier before you depart. That can give you an alternative of signing up for Salsa, Salsa before you leave or as soon as you board your ship via the Shore Excursion desk.

Either one will be fun:)

I've done both... Did salsa in march of 2012 with my 4 year old. I remember the food and salsas being great (I still have the recipes) and felt it was a great value as I was eating and drinking until I was merry... Lol. (Daughter was free the day we sailed when she was still three). I would've had a hard time paying full price for her though. She didn't do much except make her own "margarita"... The staff was great at keeping her entertained also. She started getting restless around the time the salsa dancing started, so we went outside with another family and their kids and they played in the hotel' spool for a while. Afterwards, the organizers called us a taxi back to the pier on their expense. It was an upbeat but not over the top excursion. I would do it again.

Cozumel bar hop- went with the (ex)boyfriend on this one in January 2013. Greg and (ugh, can't think of her name now!) were awesome tour guides! It was fun and more pop culture of Cozumel than cultural history. We were in an air conditioned charter bus with about 35 other people, and made our stops at the bars. The bars DO NOT take anything but cash. First stop, we each had a margarita. The drinks (shots) included were ok. I think I passed on two purely because of the ingredients (I don't do coconut).... Second stop- coconuts, was great! My drink was so strong I had to have them turn it down a few notches. Unbeknownst to the fb I told the servers he'd like to see the menus... Which are binders of naked chics' boobs.... Made for a good laugh. The guacamole was amazing there also. Third bar, is now why Greg has to specify that if you order the large drinks, there better be two or more straws AND two people drinking it... Bf thought it would be great to drink his drink from the two straws and not share.... Last stop I don't remember much of as I was pretty drunk at this point, I remember ordering a margarita and cutting myself off.... Lol. Thank god they drop you back off at your respective ships.

The new bf and I are heading to cozumel next month, and I'm torn on taking the bar hop again or not. It was so much fun and the hosts are great, but paying $57pp and then another $120+ at the bars (they're not cheap drinks!) seems a bit over the top... And I'm not sure I could justify the cost again.

I appreciate the review msMagPie! :) I've read the other reviews on this. I think we are set for this one. Should be just my husband and I. The other 4 in our group aren't interested, so it will be a good getaway day for us!

I've never done the bar hop, but for less $ my DH and I have now (3 times) hired a taxi driver and had him take us to the East side of the island and stay with us 3-4 hours. The last time we stopped at the tequila place near the port first - which was yummy good. The taxi driver stayed with us the entire time and went wherever we wanted to go. I'm headed back to Cozumel in 3 days (!!!!!) and we will do the same thing again. Nothing against the organized tour, but a local cab driver can give you info about the island and you can save a few $ and not have to be on anyone else's schedule.

I've never done the bar hop, but for less $ my DH and I have now (3 times) hired a taxi driver and had him take us to the East side of the island and stay with us 3-4 hours. The last time we stopped at the tequila place near the port first - which was yummy good. The taxi driver stayed with us the entire time and went wherever we wanted to go. I'm headed back to Cozumel in 3 days (!!!!!) and we will do the same thing again. Nothing against the organized tour, but a local cab driver can give you info about the island and you can save a few $ and not have to be on anyone else's schedule.

We understand what you are saying .........nothing wrong with something that you prefer. We enjoyed meeting the different people on the Bar Hop & that added to the enjoyment. Never did feel rushed at all, the time at each bar , to us, was enough to enjoy a couple of drinks & eat. Had enough time when the Hop was over to stop by a couple of other bars near the dock where the ship was. It is nice to have choices when visiting different Port Of Call !

BTW........ Bucs fan here also, hope things improve for the team this year!!

We understand what you are saying .........nothing wrong with something that you prefer. We enjoyed meeting the different people on the Bar Hop & that added to the enjoyment. Never did feel rushed at all, the time at each bar , to us, was enough to enjoy a couple of drinks & eat. Had enough time when the Hop was over to stop by a couple of other bars near the dock where the ship was. It is nice to have choices when visiting different Port Of Call !

BTW........ Bucs fan here also, hope things improve for the team this year!!

Me too!!! There are 6 of us going on this cruise and we leave tomorrow so we will miss the Redskins game. (we all have season tickets) To make up for it, I've convinced everyone that our theme night for this cruise will be tomorrow night and we are all wearing Bucs jerseys and going to treat the evening like a giant tailgate.

Good points on the tour! And thanks to others who recommended Santiago (or that might have been a different thread?), I have sent him an email to see if he's booked for Saturday yet. With 6 of us, it may be more comfortable to be in an air conditioned van.

Me too!!! There are 6 of us going on this cruise and we leave tomorrow so we will miss the Redskins game. (we all have season tickets) To make up for it, I've convinced everyone that our theme night for this cruise will be tomorrow night and we are all wearing Bucs jerseys and going to treat the evening like a giant tailgate.

Good points on the tour! And thanks to others who recommended Santiago (or that might have been a different thread?), I have sent him an email to see if he's booked for Saturday yet. With 6 of us, it may be more comfortable to be in an air conditioned van.

Tailgate party on a cruise ship .................Great Idea !!! Have a great cruise & hope the Bucs win all year long !!!!