Oosterdam 8094

cruisin'mama

I am currently booked in a veranda cabin for an Alaska cruise next July. We will be travelling with our son who has Down Syndrome and he likes to spend a lot of time in the cabin watching his movies. So, I am thinking of upgrading to cabin 8094 for the extra space plus the angled area to move the extra chair and coffee table out of the way since we will be utilizing the couch for my son's bed.

Since we will be in the cabin a lot, I will most likely be using the veranda as much as possible. In the pictures I've seen of the cabin/veranda, it's hard to tell if enough of the veranda is covered so that I could be out there in the likely event of wet weather. Can anyone tell me if I can reasonably expect to be able to use the veranda if it's raining? If not, I may have to go for an SY that has a fully covered veranda and lose the extra space to stash the chair and coffee table ( does that make sense?)

Thanks for your help!

we've sailed in that cabin before ( on other vista class ships ). If you're sailing and it's raining, the wind will blow it into the angled part of the veranda. However, there is plenty of room to move the table and chairs back in the "straight" area of that veranda and you'll still have plenty of area to enjoy the outdoors.

So' date=' I am thinking of upgrading to cabin 8094 for the extra space plus the angled area to move the extra chair and coffee table out of the way since we will be utilizing the couch for my son's bed.

[/quote']

Suggest that you just ask your cabin steward to remove the unwanted furniture from your cabin. That way you won't have to mess with it on your veranda.

From the pictures I've seen, it looks as though there is an empty angled area in the room that could accommodate the extra furniture and not be in the way... Thus, not having to try to put it on the veranda or have the steward remove it.

Anyone, is this correct?

We too have had this exact cabin. It is great. The additional space provides plenty of room to get a chair out of the way. The cabin seems even larger than it is because of that area that juts out.

Gary