Premium Drink Package Price Increase

brd1121

Ugh! What a mess. We'll never know, but I'd like to know how this got broken in the first place.

I wouldn't call moving from showing a price "including gratuity" to a price 'pre-gratuity and adding on 15%', like the soda card, being broken. Prices slightly different per day b/c different rounding.

I wouldn't call moving from showing a price "including gratuity" to a price 'pre-gratuity and adding on 15%', like the soda card, being broken. Prices slightly different per day b/c different rounding.

Going from 385 to 394.95 is a pretty big 'round'.

Going from 385 to 394.95 is a pretty big 'round'.

I guess it's all relative what is considered big but a small rounding difference can compound over time, but yes, it's a tad more than rounding, still insignificant I would think.

55 included tips. they want to pack into a price without tips and add 15% in like the soda card. To back it out exactly, they would have to price it at 47.83 and then add 15% to get exactly 55. They look at what makes sense to show on a brochure, they pick 49. So, I guess Premium package went up from 47.83 to 49 before tip if you want to look at it that way, big whoop. I guess technically, just rounding would be 48 but they chose to raise it to 49.

By rounding to 49, or selecting that as new starting price, and applying 15% 49*1.15=56.35. 1.35 more a day. 56.35*7=394.45; 55*7=385.

If this is a big deal to anyone, they don't have to buy it. I doubt it will be fixed and they go back to total of 55 if they are trying to seperate out the tip part, but who knows with RCCL, maybe everyone will get lucky and save that 9.45 over 7 nights.

Hopefully they will change brochures soon to show new prices and * about 15% like they do for soda package so people won't get so confused but then again, outside of CC, I think most pax think this no big deal. I like that they are showing how low the amount that goes to servers is, so maybe more will tip extra.

Boo hiss. I want to purchase it beforehand to pay for it beforehand. Not sailing till September....maybe they'll get the IT glitch fixed....

Then get on the website and buy it now. I'm able to log in and purchase mine now.

Then get on the website and buy it now. I'm able to log in and purchase mine now.

I purchased mine last night with new rates and 15% added. You can purchase online, the quibble is if it might cost you a dollar or more so a day over previous prices.