Penthouse Suite on Royal Princess vs Owners Suite on Allure of the Seas / PCL vs RCCL

-Lew-

Had to look twice to make sure I read that correctly. I can't imagine any coffee worse than on Princess, so I wonder just what sort of coffee they are using on RCCL!

Wonder what changed. RC was using Seattle's Best last time we cruised on one of their ships. Far better than Princess sludge.

Wonder what changed. RC was using Seattle's Best last time we cruised on one of their ships. Far better than Princess sludge.

We had packets of Seattle's Best for our cabin coffee maker, so they're likely still using it in restaurants and for room service. We've had Seattle's Best shoreside and enjoyed it. Its taste varied throughout the cruise, so there may have been some bad batches.

We grind Dunkin Donuts coffee at home. A few months ago they had some bad batches that I exchanged for a different lot...haven't had a problem since.

Lew

We had packets of Seattle's Best for our cabin coffee maker, so they're likely still using it in restaurants and for room service. We've had Seattle's Best shoreside and enjoyed it. Its taste varied throughout the cruise, so there may have been some bad batches.

We grind Dunkin Donuts coffee at home. A few months ago they had some bad batches that I exchanged for a different lot...haven't had a problem since.

Lew

Whether I cruise Princess or someone else, I take no chances with my coffee. Via is in my possession at all times. We are seriously considering Oasis or Allure for the near future. Maybe December.

Hi Julia...

Nan and I thought of you Sunday while waiting for our flight at Hartsfield–Jackson.

The Oasis class ships are fantastic...an entirely different cruising experience. I would be interested in your thoughts.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Hi,

I'm looking forward to seeing the ship and experiencing RCL.

I'm sure we will miss some elite perks being newbies but have some nice perks (paid gratuities, dinner in specialty rest and spa) that we have never received on Princess ;)

I'll let you know my thoughts when we get back ;)

Any Disney trips planned?

Regards to Nan and hope hartsfield wasn't too bad :(

Hi,

I'm looking forward to seeing the ship and experiencing RCL.

I'm sure we will miss some elite perks being newbies but have some nice perks (paid gratuities, dinner in specialty rest and spa) that we have never received on Princess ;)

I'll let you know my thoughts when we get back ;)

Any Disney trips planned?

Regards to Nan and hope hartsfield wasn't too bad :(

Yeah, being a newbie is a bummer. No free laundry service was not a big inconvenience on a short cruise, but it might be a factor on a longer one…especially with no self-service laundromat.

We held up at terminal F during our layover at Hartsfield…quite nice. We'll be at Old Key West from February 17 until March 19 after we disembark the Royal.

Our best to you and Aubrey…

Lew

We held up at terminal F during our layover at Hartsfield…quite nice. We'll be at Old Key West from February 17 until March 19 after we disembark the Royal.

Our best to you and Aubrey…

Lew

Oh you got the best of all the concourses:D

Mike:)

Lew- I also thought the service and attitude of officers and crew on the Allure was a step above the general experience on Princess, which shocked me. I especially loved how they made a point of making past passengers feel appreciated, with something as simple as staffing the Concierge Lounge every evening. Our Diamond Concierge Ana made a point of talking to everyone in the lounge for at least a minute or two each night. It would be like having the CC host on Princess at the E/S/P lounge every evening. Little things like that really made the Allure stand out in my mind. Every crew member we encountered was ultra friendly; I likened it to being at DisneyWorld.

Our thoughts exactly, Jeannie! As I mentioned, Princess could learn a lot from RCCL.

Lew