QM2 daily program to Canada

nuekruizer

can anybody help me find a copy of the daily program for the July 2014 short cruise to Halifax from NYC, if there is one? I am planning the July 30, 2015 cruise to Canada for 5 days and it will probably be a similar program.

How is the 6 hr tour to Peggys cove?:)

Hi neukruizer. In the past, this short cruise took place during the 4th of July holiday. QM2 docked in Boston on the 4th, so much of the activities centered around 4th of July celebrations. That won't be the case next year. Did you check out Cunard's webpage regarding the 2015 trip? http://www.cunard.com/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qm/1089-m514-nyc1-nyc2/ Click on ports and excursions for more information.

Regarding port Halifax: we wait until we get there to decide what to do since the weather is often not conducive to tours (rain & fog). Never had a problem hailing a cab at the port to take us wherever we wanted to go. BTW, the weather was glorious when we were there last September. Wonderful port, very nice people :) Cheers, -S.

Sorry I can't provide 2014 information about the cruise to Halifax, but if older stuff would help here are Daily Programmes, etc. from the July, 2009, cruise including the Peggy's Cove tour. And here is our September 7, 2010, day in Halifax including the Public Gardens; finally, here is Halifax October 1, 2011.

Dear PMB1, Thank you for all that information!! It is extremely helpful. Im hoping to save up enough for a Princess Grill accomodation. I will probably need to bring my scooter as the ship is difficult to navigate. I have been on the QM2 years ago. (I hope Cunard does not now insist that I take a handicapped room as my scooter fit just fine inside the cabins I have had in the past.)

Glad you found some stuff in my online QM2 attic useful, nuekruizer. Getting a handicap accessible cabin or not should be your choice alone; insist on it. Aside from the wider cabin door, what wheelchair users get most is a no-step bathroom with a wheel-in shower. Bon voyage!

Dear PMB1, Thank you for all that information!! It is extremely helpful. Im hoping to save up enough for a Princess Grill accomodation. I will probably need to bring my scooter as the ship is difficult to navigate. I have been on the QM2 years ago. (I hope Cunard does not now insist that I take a handicapped room as my scooter fit just fine inside the cabins I have had in the past.)

You might find these links helpful:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/accessible_cabins

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/scooter_charge

Non-HAC Princess Grill bathrooms have a step up into the bathroom. I would not recommend that you show up with an undeclared scooter. Assuming you are just fine with a non-adapted stateroom you'll still need a charging cord.

About two years ago there was a very heated thread over Cunard's scooter policy, mainly from those who use collapsible models and used "regular" staterooms in the past.

"Mobility scooters will only be permitted on board if passengers have booked into a wheelchair accessible stateroom, or a suite, as these are the only types of accommodation where mobility scooters can safely be stored. The minimum door width of suites is 53 cm (21 in). The minimum door width of the wheelchair accessible staterooms is 80 cm (31 in). At the time of booking, please let us know if you intend on bringing a mobility scooter with you, and we will in turn provide you with a questionnaire for completion to ensure that the accommodation you have booked is appropriate.

Please note that our wheelchair accessible staterooms are strictly reserved for passengers who are bringing wheelchairs or mobility scooters or who have a requirement for the adapted facilities offered by these staterooms."

Edited by BlueRiband

Thanks. I will call Cunard before I book, as I have sailed on the QM2 several times in a balcony room with my scooter which fit easily thru the door and uses a standard charger cord. I'll report the width of the scooter and hopefully that will suffice!

In the Princess Grill I've seen passengers drive a scooter up to their table but once seated a waiter will drive and park it out of the way. After dining a waiter will then retrieve the scooter and drive it up to the passenger's table.

Although Cunard denies that Costa Concordia had anything to do with their tightened scooter requirements they nonetheless coincide. I'm guessing that they started to enforce "no scooters in the hall" but got complaints that there was no room for it and/or that it blocked access to the bathroom. Hence, the booking requirements.

It should go easier for you since your scooter will fit through a standard QM2 door and you are not a full time user.