? Barcelona airport train

pv girl

The RENFE train from Barcelona airport goes to Placa Catalunya. Exactly which corner of the Placa is the stop? Trying to judge walking distance to hotel as the Placa is very large. I know the Aero bus seems to stop at the southwest corner - is this correct? My hotel is north of the Placa so trying to decide if train or bus is the best, with luggage in tow.

The RENFE stations in central Barcelona which the airport train goes to are Sants Station , Passeig de Gràcia and El Clot. It does not go to Placa de Catalunya without changing.

Which hotel are you staying at?

Also, bear in mind that the train at the airport leaves from terminal 2. If you arrive at terminal 1 you will need to get the free shuttle bus to terminal 2.

Rollie,

Thank you for reply and info. Hotel is on upper Ramblas so Passeig de G. stop on RENFE might work. Does Aero bus actually stop at southwest corner area? That seems a long uphill haul to hotel. Do not want to change trains, however. I think I land at terminal 1 (international from USA).

Rollie,

Prefer not to name hotel for privacy reasons. It is on Rambla de Catalunya, north of the Placa. Thanks for your help.

Rambla de Catalunya is a long road - about 3/4 mile long. For most of it, the best station to get off the train would be Passeig de Gràcia.

However, there are four different exits from this station and without knowing where you are headed it is difficult to advise which one is best for you.

Here is a general guide.

If you want the lower part of Rambla de Catalunya - towards Plaça Catalunya, it is best to take either the Calle Arago/ Rambla Catalunya exit or the Passeig de Gràcia / Valencia exit. If you want further away from Plaça Catalunya , it is best to take either the Calle Arago/ Valencia exit or the Calle Arago/ Pau Claris exit.

If you speak some Spanish you can ask at the ticket desk and they should be able to help. There is no information kiosk at this station. Alternatively, email your hotel and ask them which exit to take from the station.

Why not just avoid all this and take a taxi from the airport straight to your hotel for about €25-30.

Edited by RollieUK