Guaranteed or not?

MikeHem510

I am in a serious debate right now !?!??!?!?!

Whether to give up my assigned ocean view room for a guaranteed balcony on the Carnival Pride. Its about 200 bucks cheaper overall. But i have never done a guaranteed room

Have any of you all ever did a guaranteed and what was the outcome my girlfriend is platinum and i am gold if that matter???

I was looking at deck plans and doesnt look like there are many bad rooms they way the ship is laid out

Whether to give up my assigned ocean view room for a guaranteed balcony on the Carnival Pride. Its about 200 bucks cheaper overall. But i have never done a guaranteed room

Have any of you all ever did a guaranteed and what was the outcome my girlfriend is platinum and i am gold if that matter???

I was looking at deck plans and doesnt look like there are many bad rooms they way the ship is laid out

First cruise was a guaranteed balcony on Pride... loved the cruise and the room. Ended up in 8243 so aft Panorama. Never booked a guarantee since, but that is more because we love to go on and pick out a room, probably would have insisted doing this on our first cruise, but we did none of the booking (FIL gave it to us for as a wedding gift).

Any Pride balcony would be worth it over an oceanview room in my opinion. Sailing the Pride next month (31 days) and I just got my balcony room guarantee assignment today. Category 8K. Extended balcony, mid-ship, Panorama Deck. Not too shabby. I'm Platinum, too, but I don't think that has anything to do with the assignment at all.

In February, I sailed the Pride and got an 8D balcony guarantee--regular balcony, mid-ship, Empress Deck. Loved that room. Central to everything. This cruise was booked 9 days before sailing. I would not hesitate to do a Balcony Guarantee for $200 less than an Oceanview room. Do it.

I now think that the order in which the guarantees are booked does have something to do with the assignment, however. The closer to the sailing, the fewer rooms are left to assign. I think they do their assigning in increments. Seriously, I need to get a life if I have this much time to analyze Carnival's guarantee room assignments and write about it on CC.

Edited by nodogkisses

I like to gamble with a GTY stateroom. Last time I booked a inside cabin sleeping with the fish and got upgraded to a mid-ship balcony on the Golden Princess. Although it was a repo cruise I was happy. Doing another last minute repo on the Grand Princess and I am hopeful lightning strikes again for me. If not I still got a great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are waiting for our cabin assignment on Pride. There are more balconies available than OV which make the balconies cheaper. Check out the locations of the remaining cabins and ask yourself if you would be happy any of them. We've had the obstructed balconies before and would be happy with one. Other cabins are in fairly good locations as far as we are concerned. The trick is to be pleased no matter what you get.

Just beware this ship does have obstructed balconies, the 7As. Most of the time these are the balconies they give to guarantee rooms. These are located on deck 5, just above the French door rooms. Either way you're getting a balcony!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have a guarantee cabin for the Liberty sailing coming up next month and they just assigned our cabin. Category 8A forward starboard. Cabin 6225. Anyone know how that cabin is? I was secretly hoping for a better one, but I'm happy :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums