Outside cabins on Radiance

I have been looking at outside cabin photos from different sources. Some of the pictures show the bed/beds under the window and some show the bed/beds on another wall. What outside cabins on Radiance do not have the beds under window?

Not sure about the other cabins, but we just got off the ship a few weeks ago and we were in 8506 and we had our bed under the window. Also, my brother had an outside cabin on deck 3, theirs was the same.

Not sure if you care but 8506 is HUGE. I've traveled on RCCL numerous times and this was the biggest outside cabin I've ever been on. It was very very spacious. Here's a pic:

DSC_0928.jpg

All the outside cabins on Royal Caribbean that we have sailed had the beds under the window, Had different setup on Celebrity ships that don't put beds under window and they were so much better. Love that 8506!

All the outside cabins on Royal Caribbean that we have sailed had the beds under the window

OV 6204 on Navigator May/2014 :D

62041_zpsff3df00f.jpg

I have sailed primarily Insides with a few balconies/JS scattered here and there. This is the only OV I've ever sailed in, but I always look inside rooms walking down the hallways when they're being attended to. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in, but I think every I,H I've ever seen at the sides of the ship on decks 2-3 have the beds under the window, whereas the F's on the larger classes and higher decks have cabin set-ups like balcony staterooms with the bed against the wall as I show in the picture above. I can't comment on G's... anyone?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When the bed head is up against the window we found we had more room by opting for single bed configuration. Otherwise you are scraping along the wall to get out of bed. We also took the settee and placed it facing the window. It fits perfect along the bathroom wall. it seemed to make the cabin much larger, certainly easier to move around. Cabin staff happy to do the change over. Got them to remove one of the dining type chairs also.

While previously opting for a balcony we were pleasantly surprised by the 'outside guaranteed' cabin on deck two. With the settee relocated you can sit and look out at the sea. Very pleasant after my initial shock at being so low down.