Breeze Bachelor Party??? Thoughts?

bwg03

Having your bachelor party on a cruise is totally doable, but I'd talk to your friends first. I'm sure you know by know, weddings are expensive and an 8 day cruise can take some planning. If cost/time is a problem, consider looking at a 3 or 4 day over a weekend (the ships won't be as fabulous as the Breeze, but you can make your own fun) or look at a CTN--NCL has a few coming up on the Breakaway out of NYC.

I have a friend on a cruise bachelorette party now, but they compromised on a weekend cruise on the Majesty.

I'm from the old school of thought. A cruise for a bachelor party is ridiculous.

An evening for a bachelor party at a local location, with everything crammed into one night would be more memorable and affordable to those involved.

Okay, now slam away.

I'm from the old school of thought. A cruise for a bachelor party is ridiculous.

An evening for a bachelor party at a local location, with everything crammed into one night would be more memorable and affordable to those involved.

I can't disagree with the affordability part.

But with cruise ships being a popular venue for weddings, quinces, milestone anniversaries and birthdays, family reunions, affinity groups and more I have to disagree with the memorable part.

A couple of years ago we celebrated my mother's 80th birthday aboard the Celebrity Sillouette on a 7 day Western during spring break. We ended up with a group of about 17 including children, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces and in laws and it was not a cheap trip by any means.

Every time we get together with my mom at her house, the photo album from the trip comes out and we still tell stories and talk about the cruise.

Edited by AdGuyMG

My advice to you would to ask your friends because I would say it's a stretch. Maybe if you did a short weekender cruise that people didn't have to take so much time off of work for and spend so much money on maybe that would be more do-able. But I know if my friend asked me that, I doubt I would be able to swing it unless it was a shorter cheaper cruise. Unless I was sacrificing a vacation with my significant other to go on this instead. We typically save up for our cruises and to go for a bachelor party would be hard for us to justify spending the money that way!

Either way congratulations on the upcoming wedding!!!

I am getting married next September and I am trying to think of some ideas for my bachelor party.

. . . .

Any thoughts? Better to do a shorter cruise?

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding.

I've been on several sailings that had a bachelor/bachelorette group onboard. All of those were for five days or less.

. . . But I am now thinking it may be too long or too much for some..

Earlier this year there was both a bachelor and bachelorette group onboard my 4-nt sailing to Cozumel. The guys group seemed to have an overall nice time. The girls started out quite good, but some of us watched it begin to dissolve near the end. Some of them were apparently not close friends themselves to begin with (they just had mutual friendships with this one bride-to-be) and that much time closely together seemed to be taking its toll.

I don't know if you've got anyone under age 21, but that would bring about that whole age-restriction thing with CCL as well.

Best wishes to you!!

I can't disagree with the affordability part.

But with cruise ships being a popular venue for weddings, quinces, milestone anniversaries and birthdays, family reunions, affinity groups and more I have to disagree with the memorable part.

A couple of years ago we celebrated my mother's 80th birthday aboard the Celebrity Sillouette on a 7 day Western during spring break. We ended up with a group of about 17 including children, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces and in laws and it was not a cheap trip by any means.

Every time we get together with my mom at her house, the photo album from the trip comes out and we still tell stories and talk about the cruise.

You cannot compare a family reunion with a bachelor cruise. They are simply friends or acquaintances thrown together with who knows what their intentions are.

Wow the world has changed.

Back in the day bachelor party was one night and included ______.

Heck, it's even worse in Germany. My DW and I had our party together and spent the night sweeping broken porcelain off the driveway while all of our porcelain breaking friends got drunk. What a hoot! :rolleyes: :)

Edited by Out to sea!

Heck, it's even worse in Germany. My DW and I had our party together and spent the night sweeping broken porcelain off the driveway while all of our porcelain breaking friends got drunk. What a hoot! :rolleyes: :)

First mistake was doing it together. Second was doing it in your place and having to sweep the driveway.

Third is what kind of friends get drunk and break the porcelain?

Better to do it on a short cruise and smuggle tons of booze on board.:):):)

PS: The last comment is sort of a private joke between me and Out to Sea.

Edited by golfadj

Okay, now slam away.

Obviously we went to the same school:):)

^^^

There's always one mor*n.

He obviously doesn't want a wild and crazy bachelor party and has a lot of experience cruising. 6-8 of his closest friends for a week before getting married sounds like an awesome idea. Let me know what cruises you'll be on so that I can stay far away! THANKS:eek:

This place is full of them

You cannot compare a family reunion with a bachelor cruise. They are simply friends or acquaintances thrown together with who knows what their intentions are.

I am not comparing anything. Perhaps I may have missed a post about the OP's personal connection to the people he's trying to organize this cruise with. The overall point of my post was how a nice cruise to celebrate a milestone life occasion like a bachelor party can create special lasting memories.

I got married back in the late 80's when I was 30 and I was thrown a very nice bachelor dinner at an upscale South Florida steak/seafood restaurant and spent a weekend of golf at Doral Country club and a private deep sea fishing charter. The guys that put this together were all close friends that I went waaaay back with (grade school and college) and we are still a tight knit group today thanks to email and social media. There were only 10 of us and 6 flew in for the occasion from Chicago, Philly and Boston.

No strippers. No hookers. No drink and puke fests. No broken porcelain. Nobody just thrown together at the last minute. Even my dad was there for the dinner part.

If your only mental image of a bachelors celebration is a bunch of out of control guys partying with strangers and acquaintances acting like juvenile delinquents with major hangovers the next day... that's fine. It's a diverse country we live in and not everyone celebrates every special occasion in a similar manner.

The OP has been on 11 cruises and by now has a fairly good idea of what a cruise costs per day and a way deeper knowledge of his friends personalities and financial status that me, you, or anyone here on CC.

Edited by AdGuyMG

First mistake was doing it together. Second was doing it in your place and having to sweep the driveway.

Third is what kind of friends get drunk and break the porcelain?

Better to do it on a short cruise and smuggle tons of booze on board.:):):)

PS: The last comment is sort of a private joke between me and Out to Sea.

It's the German tradition of Polterabend. They do this instead of bachelor/bachelorette parties. We had about half of her town of 600 there. They even brought a toilet!!! :eek: Don't think they would allow this on a ship though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polterabend

Haha. Love the last comment! :):)

Edited by Out to sea!

It's the German tradition of Polterabend. They do this instead of bachelor/bachelorette parties. We had about half of her town of 600 there. They even brought a toilet!!! :eek: Don't think they would allow this on a ship though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polterabend

Haha. Love the last comment! :):)

Wow bring your own toilet, who would have thought.

Maybe one day will bring you to the dark side.:)

Why not?? For MANY of us, our friends ARE our family. Just because they don't share blood doesn't make them any less special. I took a girls' cruise last October with some dear friends. In May of this year, one of them was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer. She will be on chemo for the rest of her life. She's only 50. And I absolutely consider her family, more so than some of my relatives who I don't even speak to on a regular basis. Since her diagnosis, I have cherished the memories of our cruise every day.

And what does "who knows what their intentions are" mean, exactly? Maybe to have some guy time, relaxing, bonding, away from wives and kids and wedding planning? I had my bachelorette party in Vegas and it was an awesome time.

Okay, now slam away.

No slam from me. I'm also from the old school of thought. My kids are young adults and I hear about expensive trips and weddings they've been asked to participate in. One man wanted a cruise...it didn't happen... no one else could afford it... including the groom. He thought his buddies should pay for him. :confused: One wanted a party in Las Vegas.... it also didn't happen as my daughter was maid of honor, still in college, and we were paying her rent. Her doing a gig in LV for her friend wasn't ok on our dime. JMHO.

But whatever floats your boat.....

No slam from me. I'm also from the old school of thought. My kids are young adults and I hear about expensive trips and weddings they've been asked to participate in. One man wanted a cruise...it didn't happen... no one else could afford it... including the groom. He thought his buddies should pay for him. :confused: One wanted a party in Las Vegas.... it also didn't happen as my daughter was maid of honor, still in college, and we were paying her rent. Her doing a gig in LV for her friend wasn't ok on our dime. JMHO.

Reminds me of Suzie Orman and can I afford it. Amazing the financial shape of some people and they have no clue.

From my understanding, usually the best man and those in the bachelor party DO pay for whatever entails for the groom. I've never heard of a groom paying for his own bachelor party but then again, I've never heard of a 7 night bachelor party on a cruise ship either.

Thinking about a lot of the stags (yes I am dating myself) *LOL* I have been too. That can get pretty pricey with the drink prices on a cruise.

My stag for my first marriage was a pretty full scale blow out affair, but at the time I bar tended and worked the door for several clubs owned by the same guy , who was like a dad to me , so all the "details" were taken care of by him.

The second time around was a lot more low key, actually didn't really have one, just my really closest friends got together for a really nice meal and a few cocktails and then played golf the next day.

Wow, lots of negativity!

The 8 day southern Caribbean is a great itinerary. Price it out, see what your buddies think, try to make it happen. I say why the hell not! You (hopefully) only get married once and only have one bachelor party. If it can't happen due to financial constraints or time off from work then try for a shorter cruise.

I've seen families on cruises act wild like you'd expect a bachelor party to be and then I've seen bachelor parties just relax and have some drinks…tame in comparison to the wild families on board.

I hope you have a great time and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!