Misleading Prices on Websites - A Call to Action

Sparky you are not a troll we are just having a sensible balanced non histronical discussion. :)

Sue

You mean I waded through 3x pages of "sensible robust" discussions & there ain't no biff? :rolleyes:

I'm taking my popcorn n heading back to the other thread!! :D See if there's bin any infiltration' going on!! :p

You mean I waded through 3x pages of "sensible robust" discussions & there ain't no biff? :rolleyes:

I'm taking my popcorn n heading back to the other thread!! :D See if there's bin any infiltration' going on!! :p

The other thread stopped when everyone ran out when all the new ants decided not to be stirred.:rolleyes:

yay for the Aussie/NZs! We can discuss and learn :D

Well, I must say I have done a lot of looking at prices the last few years, and after this thread I looked a bit harder, and thank you for starting this Sparky. I was blind to the following line, even though it is the same size font as the cabin category pricing, and right underneath it. I honestly did not look for it or see it as I knew gratuities would come up later but I really thought the taxes and fees were in the initial price if I was on a web site in AUD. I feel quite stupid for not seeing it. The page is so visually noisy with much writing in the same size font, but I don't think I could complain as I would be told it is right there under the price? Why not just put it in the price?

taxesfees.jpg

yay for the Aussie/NZs! We can discuss and learn :D

Well, I must say I have done a lot of looking at prices the last few years, and after this thread I looked a bit harder, and thank you for starting this Sparky. I was blind to the following line, even though it is the same size font as the cabin category pricing, and right underneath it. I honestly did not look for it or see it as I knew gratuities would come up later but I really thought the taxes and fees were in the initial price if I was on a web site in AUD. I feel quite stupid for not seeing it. The page is so visually noisy with much writing in the same size font, but I don't think I could complain as I would be told it is right there under the price? Why not just put it in the price?

taxesfees.jpg

Exactly.

Normally only an issue when comparing US TA prices to AUS TA prices but it can still happen here.:(

Can you give examples of advertising in Australia where cruise lines are drip pricing? The ones I have seen recently do include fees and taxes.

Check out the Carnival Australia Website and how it advertises then do a trial booking - on their splash screen will have one price but when you start going thru the booking process it gives a cheaper price (you say Wow) but you get further into it after the dates of birth and the next screen brings up the price with taxes. Yes same price as on the splash screen but still a little misleading.

The other thing the companies are doing (not all) is advertising a great price then when you look into it bugger it is the quad cabins. I have been only cruising 4 years but most of them used to be advertised as Twin share prices.

Sorry if anyone has already mentioned it.