Tahitian Princess - Marquesas/Rangiroa ???

cflutist

You might be interested in seeing my review from our Feb/04 Marquesas itinerary on the Tahitian Princess.

Go to: http://casad.net/?c1o1f

In a nutshell, Hiva Oa & Nuku Hiva were both a little too tame for my tastes, though many folks loved the peace & quiet combined with natural beauty of these islands. Rangiroa had some fantastic snorkeling, and this is coming from a guy who knows his snorkeling!

I have done both itenearies some two times and will repeat this October. Nuka Hiva has a great drive across the ridges and valleys which are quite remote and tropical. I engage in the scuba diving to see the very large Hammer Head sharks and enjoy the cave diving.

Hiva Oa has a grea tribal dance and crafts fair that is unique in all the South Pacific. The wood carvings from the region are some of the highest quality of woods and detail I have seen in all my travels of many of these exotic local.

Rangoria is a scuba divers paradise and a motu of unusual beauty for all travelers.

The Cool Islands offers cheap shoping, clean and beautiful beaches. You get extra time in Raiatea and Bora Bora on this iteneray.

Give me both anytime.,

John

Sorry, typo on my part. I meant April 2007. 4/16/07 is the last cruise listed on the Princess website. Can't find it right now, but I thought I saw some discussion about whether or not Princess would continue cruises in Polynesia after that date.

they only schedule several months in advance. there was discussion that the ship would not be sailing fp past 4/06 - it is now scheduled out to 4/07. we are doing the cook island itinerary for the third time in 1/07. we like to snorkel, and even though I would love to snorkel in Rangiroa, there is no snorkeling in the Marquesas, so the cooks itin is best for us.

Archived