Miami Hotels

NIGirl

My husband and I are flying into Miami a couple of days before our cruise (July 2015). Looking for advice on reasonably priced hotels. We have one full day in Miami area before our cruise, so somewhere you can easily access things to do e.g. shops and restaurants. Have never been to Miami before and won't have a car.

Don't need anything fancy - free/low cost shuttle form airport and wifi are the only serious requirements.

Would appreciate any help we can get.

Thanks

Edited by NIGirl

I would not limit yourself to free/low cost shuttles between airport. The reality is the price is built into the room and taxis are plentiful and reasonable.

Take a look at the Hampton Inn in downtown Miami. Should be reasonable that time of year. Includes a nice breakfast. Taxi from airport around $25.00. Taxi to pier around $12.00. Located near Mary Brickell Village which has lots of restaurants and stores and not too far from Bayside which is touristy and you could take a taxi over to South Beach and there are museums there too.

Keith

I agree with Keith - only the airport hotels offer free shuttles and that is not where you want to spend your day.

Besides downtown look at Miami Beach, especially South Beach (the "Miami" you see in the movies and TV shows); prices in July should be rock bottom. You can take the airport flyer bus from MIA to SB for $2.35 each - ask your hotel which stop is closest.