Post Cruise - Miami Hotel Help

DnR

I need help narrowing down all the hotel choices for a one night stay after our cruise (January 3rd). Since we will basically have all day Saturday and a half day Sunday before flying out, we would like to find a hotel where there are restaurants close by, maybe shopping, has a nice pool area, and reasonably priced.

Suggestions would be much appreciated!

Prices in Jan will be high, but staying that long I would search for Miami Beach hotels - dining, shopping, nightlife, beach etc. Your other option is downtown Miami - Doubletree, next door Marriott, Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, and the Intercontinental are all often suggested often on these boards.

You could stay out near the MIA airport and then use the hotel shuttle to get to MIA where you can catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for $2.35 each. Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Sofitel, etc. are popular on this board.

If you cannot check-in right after getting off the ship the hotel should be happy to hold your bags while you enjoy the pool and maybe grab some lunch.

I would look downtown and the prices might be better there than say in South Beach.

Some hotel recommendations; Hampton Inn, Intercontinental, Marriott Marquis, Marriott, Hyatt. There are many more but this is a start.

I prefer Mary Brickell Village over Bayside for restaurants. Hampton Inn and Marriott are closer to Mary Brickell but you could still walk (if you like to walk) or take a short taxi ride from the others.

Keith

We are having to do the same thing on January 3rd and was looking for the same things. There are 4 in our group so I also wanted breakfast included and a suite if possible. I searched for weeks and didn't come up with any really good reasonable options. Most were near the airport and didn't seem to have restaurants within walking distance.

I ended up booking the cruise critic special at the Hampton Inn Brickell. Even thought I don't need the parking, it was the best rate I could find and will allow early check in/late check out if available. We've stayed there previously and I'm comfortable with the surrounding area and getting around using the tri-rail. Our flight is late on Sunday so we'll take that to get back to the airport.

Please let me know if you find any good options!