Rainforest room with Cochlear Implant

moluvsdisneymagic

Wondering if anybody here has done either or both of these while wearing their Speech processor if they have the implant.

I have the Nucleus 5 which does have some water resistance. I will be on the Fantasy in less than 2 months and plan on at least doing the Aquaduck. Most likely I'll ride it deaf because I don't want to lose the processor while riding.

If I do the Rainforest room i would prefer to leave it on, but wondering how misty and humid it really is in there. I did on the Magic in 2008 while wearing my Esprit processor and I'm pretty sure that was a mistake as it started buzzing at some point later in the cruise and didn't stop until after a good long time drying out.

There is an "aquapack" I could buy for it, but its not cheap. And I likely wouldn't use it enough to justify it. So if anybody could help me out with the Rainforest room question that would be great.

TIA

There are 4 steam areas of varying intensity. The main area is barely steam at all, the most intense is very moist to the point of dripping. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that you'd be OK in the two milder areas. No way I'd wear it on the Aquaduck! That's wet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to come back and thanks for the info. As it turns out I never did get to the rainforest room. I did however use the pouch on the Aqua Duck, the hot tubs and at Dolphinaris in Cozumel. Worked splendidly, but the world's most comfy thing. Cruise itself was a blast!! Had a fabulous time.