Post Your Cabin Temperature

BigEasyCC

People leaving balcony doors open is a huge part of the problem. On some ships the air cuts off when the balcony door is open, but now people bring a magnet to place over the sensor.

Why in the world would anyone want to bring that wet humidity in to the room? Don't get it?

I found a digital ACU-RITE temperature/humidity monitor at Wal-Mart for around $10. I bring it and a small fan on all my cruises. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Do you bring the monitor to prove that your temperatures are too hot? Do you record it on your phone or camera?

we just got back last saturday from the Liberty,

we were in room 7270

there were two vents in our room

the thermostat was not wide open

my thermometer was checked at home, then placed by the tv in our

cruise room then when we got back home i checked it again in my house

DSCN0124_zps0ec21095.jpg

DSCN0120_zps055fd824.jpg

DSCN0119_zps246611e8.jpg

DSCN0285_zpsc570d5e8.jpg

had two ladies in the room and after the first night they complained it was to cold so i raised it one click, got to hot during the day so i moved it back .

some friends of ours we in room 7303 on the front i think was the number and they turned there thermostat all the way off.

I think having a temp monitor keeps the cruise line honest. I have been on 18 Carnival cruises with no AC issues but I had warm cabins once on HAL, RCI and Princess. HAL owned up to the problem but RCI and Princess tried to act like it was just fine. The look on the Princess tech's face when I showed him the 78 degree reading was priceless. LOL

I think having a temp monitor keeps the cruise line honest. I have been on 18 Carnival cruises with no AC issues but I had warm cabins once on HAL, RCI and Princess. HAL owned up to the problem but RCI and Princess tried to act like it was just fine. The look on the Princess tech's face when I showed him the 78 degree reading was priceless. LOL

Oh, I am SO bringing a temperature gauge on my cruise!! Thanks!

Our room on the Freedom in mid-May in 2013 was too warm for us as well. We called maintenance and they said it was an acceptable temperature and did not do anything about it. They noted the temperature in the Oceanview room was 74 degrees but it honestly felt about 76-78. It was on the riviera deck too. I will definitely be bringing a fan on my next cruise.

I've had balconies and that's why I was curious as to exactly where on the ship the overly warm cabins are located. Most it seems are located from the aft elevators to the back of the ship. Is that where your cabin was located?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We were actually forward. I believe our balcony was the third from the front.

I just hate how Carnival is sending technicians to the cabins and acting like nothing is wrong. I've read this over and over again. At least admit that there is a problem and work on a solution! Offering a fan to blow hot air around is not a solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Carnival Pride, cabin 8152

The temperature during the day was 70 degrees. At night, when our neighbor used a bungee cord to keep their balcony door open, the temperature rose to 75 degrees and became very stuffy. The bungee cord was within sight but out of reach on our side of the balcony divider.

Carnival Pride, cabin 8152

The temperature during the day was 70 degrees. At night, when our neighbor used a bungee cord to keep their balcony door open, the temperature rose to 75 degrees and became very stuffy. The bungee cord was within sight but out of reach on our side of the balcony divider.

I'm going to be lovely notes on cabin doors if people are leaving their balcony doors open. I can understand it in winter, but definitely not in the hot and humid summer!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...

Responded with some details on your post Record Aft Cabin Temperature, but did not include info about the ceiling control. When the tech found our cabin was 74.5 (just outside their standard), he adjusted something in the ceiling vent, which caused a slight change in temperature of the air coming from the vent.When we complained another night of 76 degree room temp at midnight, we were told that (ceiling vent adjustment) was done and the "chillers would be checked". Looking forward to details about your experience on your upcoming cruise. It might be worth adding, my previous cruise was several years ago on Carnival in a fore cabin, which was cool. I'm curious about your experience with room temperature on your previous cruises. My friend and I are eager to find out if cabin location or cruise line can provide us with a cooler experience.

In January on the Carnival Conquest my friend and I had trouble with the temperature at night. When we would get into the cabin in the afternoon they a/c would have been turned down and we would turn it up just a bit. By that evening the cabin would be comfortable. But come about 2 am and it would be an oven. One of us would get up and turn the temp down but it didn't seem to do any good. We were usually up and around by 7 am and go out for a quick walk with the DND on the door. When we would get back and be getting ready to go to breakfast about 8 am and all of a sudden the a/c would kick in and it would turn frigid in no time. I left a note for our room attendant but never saw any change.