1st time solo cruiser looking for advice.

hulawho

So I booked my first ever solo cruise and at the moment I am booked in an interior cabin on the Breeze. My son and I did an interior cabin on the Magic last year and I figure the cabins are roughly the same size. My question is how to have the beds configured. :D I don't mind sleeping on the twin bed and with the 2 twin configuration I'm wondering if it will give the cabin the feel of more space.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Donna

My husband and I go on lots of cruises, but when he has to work and I want a quick getaway, I go on my own.

The last one I did I managed to get an oceanview and had the beds separated so that I could walk up to the window and look out. I felt that the room was much bigger separating the beds.

Have a great cruise.

Past 3 cruises have been solo. First time beds were separated...good.

Second time bed was made up as queen. Spent one night like that and then asked steward to separate beds.

I think the cabins seem much more spacious and easier to move around with beds separated. Also can use the second bed as sitting area or to use for "surface storage" :D

Thank you all for your insight. I'm sure it'll be a great trip no matter which way the beds are configured. Just trying to maximize what little space I have.

You can try it both ways. It's no problem at all to change. Just start out with what you think you'd prefer and go from there. :)

I agree with the separate beds. Just went on a cruise with only my adult daughter. having the two twins did seem to make the cabin more spacious. But then again there was no couch in our interior. I am not sure why.

But if you try it in one configuration and decide you don't like it the cabin steward can always change it if you ask them. doesn't take but a few mins and they can do it next time they clean the cabin.

If you haven't signed on before, create a Carnival signon account and add your booking to it. When you look at the booking details, there's usually a note at the top about bed configuration, and you should be able to change it there instead of waiting until the cruise. That said, the stewards seem to know how many passengers are in any given cabin and they usually put the beds together if they see it's one person :)

Edited by LibratPDX

Past 3 cruises have been solo. First time beds were separated...good.

Second time bed was made up as queen. Spent one night like that and then asked steward to separate beds.

I think the cabins seem much more spacious and easier to move around with beds separated. Also can use the second bed as sitting area or to use for "surface storage" :D

Good call about using the 2nd bed as a sitting area or storage... A hang-out place for the animals. :)

Several solo trips here, always with the beds together. Except for one time when I had a porthole 1A on Freedom - it comes with one single bed and a sofa bed, which was very spacious as the cabin was the same size as any other cabin with two beds.

But otherwise I don't notice any difference in how spacious the cabin feels...and I'm a tall guy so even though the twin is OK when I'm traveling with a friend, it's the king for me when I'm alone.

Call it the seagoing equivalent of urban sprawl.

;)

Edited by GaNavy

when you travel solo in a room by yourself - do you have to pay double occupancy?

Yes, usually you have to pay double; but there are times when they cut you a break, especially if you book only one, two or three months before the cruise.

As far as bed configuration, there are some rooms that the beds cannot be put together, and some that can. If you register and login to Carnival's website, you can access your booking and if it is possible to have either configuration, you will be able to edit the selection.

Edited by SMSACE6