Advice re Radiance/Serenade Balcony Cabins for 3

I'm interested in advice regarding a 3 person balcony cabin on Serenade, preferably in the E category, for an Alaska (Vancouver-Vancouver) cruise. (If the Radiance class ships are pretty much the same, then my question would apply to the other Radiance class ships as well.)

Many of the cabins people recommend on these boards seem to be 2 person cabins, but at least for now we are cruising with our son.

Also, it seems as though the "hump" cabins" (which are generally for only 2 persons) disappear very quickly.

And, how far from away from a hump cabin do you need to be to avoid having your balcony view substantially blocked on one side?

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.:)

If you can get 8088 it's great for 2 adults & a child, wouldn't like another adult in the cabin because the sofa bed is way to small. Pullman is over the main bed, not the ideal location for privacy if ya know what I mean :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I'm interested in advice regarding a 3 person balcony cabin on Serenade, preferably in the E category, for an Alaska (Vancouver-Vancouver) cruise. (If the Radiance class ships are pretty much the same, then my question would apply to the other Radiance class ships as well.)

Many of the cabins people recommend on these boards seem to be 2 person cabins, but at least for now we are cruising with our son.

Also, it seems as though the "hump" cabins" (which are generally for only 2 persons) disappear very quickly.

And, how far from away from a hump cabin do you need to be to avoid having your balcony view substantially blocked on one side?

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.:)

the hump/bump breaks the view aft for the forward cabins & forward for the aft cabins. Only cabins where u can see both forward and aft are central hump/bump cabins...plus the corner hump ones have larger than normal balconies. Now u know why they are sooo popular..!

Keep in mind that E category cabins are only 179 sq ft - not very large and 3 in one maybe 'pushing' it a bit plus most E and D balconies are quite small at 41 sq ft especially again for 3 people. Suggest u go onto the RCI site and view the deck plans for the Radiance class ships before u choose a cabin. Might I also suggest u lay the dimensions out on your floor - u might decide on a D category (204 sq ft.) on Deck 9 hump/bump with a larger balcony instead which wld be my recommendation or failing that, please consider an E for u and an inside for your son..if he isn't too young to be alone in a cabin-some are right across the hall...

Hope I have helped.

Happy cruisin'!

We did a D1 with our grandson (17) last August (Serenade)and we were pretty crowded, especially when the sofa bed was made out. We normally book JS's when he joins us. Now that I think back we did have an E on the Radiance when it was brand new. The bunk was over our heads. It really wasn't bad at all. Better than the sofa bed which folds out onto the floor blocking everything. Alaska is a fantastic cruise and the Serenade is the perfect ship for it..our favorite so far.

Archived