Anytime Dining Waitlist?

My wife and I are cruising on the Freedom leaving September 1st. We are currently wait-listed for Your Time dining. Our PVP claims that if we just go to the dining room on embarkation day we can get added directly to the anytime dining list.

I emailed the Maitre D' of the Freedom (I know they are not required to respond) as a shot in the dark to see if there was anything we needed to do, etc., but have not received a response.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Edited by thisishowwecruise
Your time not anytime

Your dining assignment will be on your S&S card.

If it's not to your liking see the MD at embarkation. Changes might be made then, not until the next evening, or not at all depending on a variety of factors.

Things like--when you booked, how many in your party, FTTF and your loyalty status all come into play.

Edited by SadieN

My wife and I are cruising on the Freedom leaving September 1st. We are currently wait-listed for anytime dining. Our PVP claims that if we just go to the dining room on embarkation day we can get added directly to the anytime dining list.

I emailed the Maitre D' of the Freedom (I know they are not required to respond) as a shot in the dark to see if there was anything we needed to do, etc., but have not received a response.

Most of the time they will be able to accomadate you if you go see the Maitre d

when you get on the ship. Sometimes they cannot do it until night two.. but usually they can get you in. I have heard of a few that they could not help, but most times it seems like they can, probably depending on how many people show up to make a change

We were waitlisted for our July cruise but got an email a couple of days later that we had been changed to ATD.

This is what our PVP originally said would happen, was that we would be wait listed a couple days and then receive an email once the Maitre D' added us to the list. Talked to the PVP yesterday, and he said to just go see them onboard on embarkation day to get added to the Your Time Dining List.

I was confirmed as anytime dining. Change in price for early saver came up. I called TA and they got me some OBC. After that I was changed to late dining. Called back to change it back to anytime and now Im wait listed. I have no clue why it changed in the first place. Someone messed up. But I better have anytime dining when I board that boat.

My wife and I are cruising on the Freedom leaving September 1st. We are currently wait-listed for Your Time dining. Our PVP claims that if we just go to the dining room on embarkation day we can get added directly to the anytime dining list.

Your PVP is not being fair or totally honest with you ... If you don't get YTD (you will see your dining preference on your Sign n Sail card) then Yes, you can visit with the Maitre'd on boarding day, around 1 or 2:00 in one of the dining rooms (it'll be listed in the Fun Times).. Very nicely you tell him of your request and 99% of the time they can and will make it work out for you.. Sometimes it could be the 2nd night, but they do all they can to work with you...

In addition, not sure when you emailed the Maitre'd but from what I've read, the Maitre'd on the Freedom usually not only responds, but also honors the request... Check your Spam mail too--- his response could be in there..

Edited by Elaine515