!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Exactly American!!! Divina under went a USBH inspection while we were in port in San Juan on Wednesday. Divina scored a 96 out of a possible 100!!! Every crew member does a deep cleaning of everything each night before arriving to an American port because they never know when there might be a surprise inspection. To add to this,,,there are hand sanitizers in front of every dining venue, as well as a crew member squirting some on the hands of every passenger returning back to the boat from a shore excursion.

If the cruise lines want to truly get ahead of these viruses then they will place crew members outside each bathroom as well and spray the hands of each pax as they exit. Esp the children. Sorry. Don't want to get Gambees review off track. :)

If the cruise lines want to truly get ahead of these viruses then they will place crew members outside each bathroom as well and spray the hands of each pax as they exit. Esp the children. Sorry. Don't want to get Gambees review off track. :)

As we walked from the Black and White Lounge to the Pantheon Theatre, there was a bathroom attendant at each public restroom area we passed. We counted 7 during our walk, and this was just on the starboard side of the ship. I can tell you that the restroom on deck 15 aft which is located just outside the entrance to Le'Muse was constantly being cleaned as well. My girlfriend had to wait 3 separate times to use the bathroom while it was being cleaned.

As we walked from the Black and White Lounge to the Pantheon Theatre, there was a bathroom attendant at each public restroom area we passed. We counted 7 during our walk, and this was just on the starboard side of the ship. I can tell you that the restroom on deck 15 aft which is located just outside the entrance to Le'Muse was constantly being cleaned as well. My girlfriend had to wait 3 separate times to use the bathroom while it was being cleaned.

That's awesome and I'm glad to hear it!

Gambee, great review and I love your pics. Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad to hear your mom is OK. I'm going to be cruising with my mom and aunt in November. I been worrying about my aunt cause she has issues with her legs. Now I'm thinking to buy her water shoes so she don't slip when we go to the pool and jacuzzi areas.

That's awesome and I'm glad to hear it!

We were on the MSC 3 weeks and loved it. One thing we never were able to find was the infinity pool. Is it on a private deck? We went as far aft as we could go and the elevator only went to deck 15. We saw a pool there but it was being evacuated because a child had defecated in it. Was that the pool? Is the garden pool the same as the infinity pool? How do you get to the water slide and what does it land in, a pool?

Loved your review. You write in the style of "Celebrat" a cruiser we met on the MSC Orchestra about 5 years ago from Celebration Fl.

Marsha:D

I slipped but did not fall in the buffet area on our first cruise, which was on the HAL Zuiderdam. It's the nature of public areas to use easy-to-clean surfaces, like tile, on floors. And if it's wet, look out! I found that when I put my wet feet into my Nike flip flops, I'd slide right out of them. Add a wet, slippery floor and I could barely walk. Had to get better sandals that didn't have a smooth insole. I love those Nike ones, too!

Glad your mom is all right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on the MSC 3 weeks and loved it. One thing we never were able to find was the infinity pool. Is it on a private deck? We went as far aft as we could go and the elevator only went to deck 15. We saw a pool there but it was being evacuated because a child had defecated in it. Was that the pool? Is the garden pool the same as the infinity pool? How do you get to the water slide and what does it land in, a pool?

Loved your review. You write in the style of "Celebrat" a cruiser we met on the MSC Orchestra about 5 years ago from Celebration Fl.

Marsha:D

The "Infinity Pool" is actually the "Garden Pool" Deck 15 Aft. They don't fill the pool to create the infinity edge effect because the water tends to leak down onto the balconies of the cabins below. The water slide entrance is also on deck 15 starboard side between the Garden Pool and the entrance to Garffiti's teen club. The water slide ends in a trough of water at the end of the slide, no pool.

We arrived to the MDR and we were quickly sat at a table for 4. Right after I sat I spotted my uncles bright bag wondering around the dining room. I yelled at him :D, of course that got stares from pretty much every table around us ooops :o

Then he came and told us that he had been searching for a while, thankfully he got lost on the way to the dining room so in reality he was not there for that long. It all worked out perfectly.

Service that day was spectacular, by far the best we had during the entire cruise. Everything came out promptly and he was really good.

Day3MSCDivina-196_zps310f08a0.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-198_zpsa86d191b.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-199_zpsba55ae58.jpg

My uncle and I had already had our share of drinks so we needed to relax a little and let them settle :D.

For our first round we all got the shrimp cocktail, it was really tasty! I especially loved the pink sauce that went with it.

Day3MSCDivina-201_zpsd7385ab4.jpg

For the second course I got the risotto balls and they got the soup. The balls were delicious, but I decided to share most of them, mainly because I forgot the lactose pills in the room and I did not feel like dealing with a bloated stomach for the rest of the day :D.

Day3MSCDivina-202_zps5c4d3896.jpg

The soup was good I guess, to be honest with you I cannot recall.

Day3MSCDivina-203_zps785952a1.jpg

For dinner 3 of us had fish and chips, which was FABULOUS!!!! It was only missing the tartar sauce.

Day3MSCDivina-205_zps9e7a6057.jpg

My aunt got the Turkey, which was ok. I noticed in her face that she was not too happy with it. But in her nature, she said it was great. I told her to ask for something else, she said no thanks. I ate one of my fish sticks and gave her the other one. I told her I was full. She knows that sometimes I eat very little. I knew she regretted not getting the fish. I was still a little hungry, but I was planning on hitting the buffet if the dessert did not fill me up.

Day3MSCDivina-206_zps41abcdad.jpg

My mom also took a break and sent a few emails with pictures. Again, I love the Internet system in Divina, it was great.

Day3MSCDivina-204_zps1bea4d8a.jpg

The Dessert Menu

Day3MSCDivina-207_zpse709422b.jpg

All 3 of them got the sugar free chocolate cake, which was completely horrible. It was dry, and it just tasted bad. I don't think they noticed the sugar free part in the menu.

Day3MSCDivina-209_zps32a9e103.jpg

I ordered the Apple pie that was fantastic. Again, I noticed my uncle and my aunt eyeing my dessert, so I pretty took a bite to try it out and donated it to them.

Day3MSCDivina-208_zpsfba33fad.jpg

After lunch we headed back to the room to relax for a little while. I really enjoyed that lunch, it was really good and service actually made me want to go back another time.

Day3MSCDivina-210_zpsd001ba09.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-211_zpsd426a714.jpg

This is the artwork in the hallways.

Day3MSCDivina-212_zps13f3fac2.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-219_zps1ffdaa67.jpg

I usually went straight to the balcony.

Day3MSCDivina-213_zpsc67717bb.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-217_zpse133f12f.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-218_zpsca148fbd.jpg

The next set of pictures requires a little explanation. How do I start? Ok, well my uncle had an obsession with the ship cameras. He had spotted all of them and knew exactly where to stand to get on camera. I think he stood in front of that camera about 5 times a day. I KID YOU NOT! The worst part of it all, every time he did that, we would stand there and dance, sing, etc. There was one occasion where two kids jumped in the camera and they were all trying to get attention of whoever was watching. All 3 of them kept jumping and fooling around. It was to die for!

The main idea behind the camera thing was for my family back home to see him on camera, but I reckon he never accomplished that. The camera had a delay and it updated every 30 seconds. It was extremely hard to coordinate, especially with limited Internet.

Anyway, here are some pictures of one of his sessions, lol :D

Day3MSCDivina-214_zps9fff22b8.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-215_zpsae63e1a6.jpg

In this one, you can see him taking a picture of himself on the big screen on camera. My mom and my aunt could not stop laughing!

Day3MSCDivina-216_zpsb9092719.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-226_zps8dfb9770.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-232_zpsd89cf377.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-233_zps07467762.jpg

I decided to go get some frozen yogurt for us. Mom stayed with my aunt and enjoyed the wake. Getting the soft serve was an ordeal. The line itself was pretty short maybe 5 people. But the problem was that no ice cream came out. By the time I was done with my 3 cones, I think the machine had died completely. There must have been like 10 people behind me, I am sure they were irritated.

The worst part is that all 3 of my cones looked like this….

Day3MSCDivina-231_zps4bcd69d4.jpg

I was not able to get any more out. They really need to address this issue.

We sat by the pool for much of the afternoon, enjoyed a few drinks. People watch and enjoyed the pool every so often to cool down. I was not a fan of my mom walking on the edge of the pool, but she held on me and everything was fine.

Day3MSCDivina-234_zps42b0e497.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-236_zps8523611c.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-237_zpsdc047d0f.jpg

Just look at that view!

Day3MSCDivina-238_zps38221715.jpg

The pool is sometimes full over the top and others not. It looks so much nicer when it’s like a beach. By the way all the pools are drained every night. I have read in the past that they do not fill it to the top because it splashes on the room below. But how come it was full on some days and other not?

Day3MSCDivina-239_zps1a640e76.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-240_zps2c6c2091.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-241_zps20405049.jpg

When we got to the room, we noticed that my mom’s card was dead. I forgot to mention this before, but my card had died 2 times already. Both times the lady nicely questioned me where I put my cards, and started giving lessons on where should I put the cards. She claimed that my equipment was damaging the cards. What about my moms? I felt like telling her, I put my card in the same place that I put the card for all my other cruises and nothing ever happens. In total, we had 8 cards go bad in this cruise. Thankfully, there are two guests’ relation’s desks, and there was never a line to get a new. It was also done very quickly, eventually they stopped asking me where I put my card. We tried moving the cards around and they still went bad.

Mom getting her card fixed

Day3MSCDivina-252_zpsb9ff525c.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-253_zps6358ebaf.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-254_zpsb22f236d.jpg

We went to the room and relaxed for a little while, we used the Internet and they got ready to go to dinner and the show. My uncle had not yet arrived.

Day3MSCDivina-255_zps5a3b0c97.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-256_zps3262de31.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-258_zps0ba0748a.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-259_zpsfd5298c1.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-260_zpsdac94adf.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-263_zps45c9b28e.jpg

My uncle soon arrived and he had more fruits and stuff from the buffet. It was then that my mother decided to show me the stash that my uncle had in the fridge. Dear lord… :D

Day3MSCDivina-261_zpsc8e54888.jpg

The funny thing is that I bet that they never ate anything in that fridge, it was like a stockpile, the one that you never use :D.

We agreed to eat dinner at the buffet that day, we had no intentions of waiting 3 hours to eat dinner and then an additional 2 hours for the dinner itself. The buffet was pretty empty that day, plenty of tables to choose from. Bear in mind that they only open one side of the buffet for dinner.

Day3MSCDivina-265_zps06e3c97d.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-266_zpsf27494a1.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-267_zpsb3488a61.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-268_zps51b2fb48.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-269_zpsb92f079a.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-270_zpsa1594bb1.jpg

Mine

Day3MSCDivina-274_zps4847824a.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-281_zpsff175b2b.jpg

and my mom’s

Day3MSCDivina-279_zpsd0e255b9.jpg

Some desserts

Day3MSCDivina-278_zpscdcadd4b.jpg

My food was good, so was theirs, no one complained about anything. My uncle went to get a few more hams to bring to the room, my mom was not too happy about it. She feared that the ham would fare the same fate as the fruits and then the room would be all smelly from them.

Day3MSCDivina-283_zps23f8d772.jpg

We relaxed in the room for a little and opened the other bottle of Asti, it was really nice to relax there with good company at your side. I think I spent more time awake in their room than mine, I would go to mine to shower and get changed and try to resuscitate the computer. I never gave up on the computer I think I tried to revive it every time I entered the room, and it paid off. More on that later on :)

Day3MSCDivina-284_zpsc6437266.jpg

We finished the bottle pretty quickly, 4 people will do that with a bottle of Asti. We decided to head out and get some drinks at a bar before checking out the show for that night.

Day3MSCDivina-285_zpsbbc29555.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-286_zpsf88ce4ef.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-288_zpsff8376f0.jpg

We also stopped at the Logo Shop and my uncle bought the really nice coffee mugs with the ship compared to famous buildings around the world. I think it was around $12

Day3MSCDivina-287_zpsa6afe5fc.jpg

We kept on walking towards the lounge area that we enjoyed so much, we still had about an hour to wait until the show started. I snapped the pictures of the drink lists that I was missing from the martini bar.

Day3MSCDivina-289_zpsc314d15d.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-290_zps213061fc.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-291_zps93dc8dd4.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-292_zpsbfc4282c.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-293_zps6fa80e46.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-294_zpsee68cbda.jpg