Review - a month in Alaska with a B2B on Celebrity Millennium

BrusselsGirl07

Hi Yvette! I just wanted to let you know that almost a year after your trip, people (like me!) are still discovering and enjoying your wonderful, wonderful, wonderful report! You really should consider becoming a travel writer/photographer. I savored each entry! Thank you so much for bringing your experiences to life for so many to enjoy!

Thank you Karen_G! I got so much out of the Alaska thread before we left on our adventure, I thought it would be fun to write a review of our trip, and now I have a record of it. Although I put so much time and energy into the review, I am yet to do the photo book that I usually do after each holiday.

Alaska was such a wonderful adventure for us, I can't wait to go back one day.

An AMAZING trip report.

DH & I were on a Southern Caribbean cruise last month and everyone said GO TO ALASKA!!! After reading your review, I see why!!

Your photos are incredible. I think it's time to start planing!

Are you happy that you did the land portion first and then the cruise? Or would you rather have done it the other way around?

We'll probably only have 2 weeks for Alaska, so a week on land and a week cruise. Trying to decide southbound with land tour first or northbound with land tour after.

Awesome! I really enjoyed the attention to detail and beautiful pictures. The amount of planning you did is obvious in the good results you had. We are on the same cruise on Millennium in June with a 4 day land excursion. Not as long as your trip but will give us a taste. I have bookmarked your report for future.

Have you ever thought about doing a travel blog. I would love to hear about your African adventure if you have a link. Last year I started a blog after reading such great reports on http://www.travellerspoint.com/ There is no charge and it is a good way to keep all of your adventures together.

We went to Galapagos a few years ago on Celebrity and it was a trip of a lifetime.You will love it.

Again thanks so much for the time invested in this fabulous report. It will help so many others in planning their trips!

Happy and safe travels

Edited by cindygad

An AMAZING trip report.

DH & I were on a Southern Caribbean cruise last month and everyone said GO TO ALASKA!!! After reading your review, I see why!!

Your photos are incredible. I think it's time to start planing!

Are you happy that you did the land portion first and then the cruise? Or would you rather have done it the other way around?

We'll probably only have 2 weeks for Alaska, so a week on land and a week cruise. Trying to decide southbound with land tour first or northbound with land tour after.

Thanks, we did have an amazing time! It was easy to take incredible photos as the scenery was so beautiful and we were very fortunate with our wildlife sightings.

We were very happy with the way we did the trip, and would not change anything. I guess the only downside was saying goodbye to our friends who did the land tour with us, as we boarded the ship feeling a bit sad. Personally, I don't think there would be a big difference in doing the land section before or after the cruise. For us, we had a long flight before and a long flight after, but if I lived in the States, I would probably finish the whole trip at the point that was closest to home and do the longer flight to Alaska before your trip. To me, the flight to my holiday always seems much shorter than the one going home.

Hope that helps - have fun planning!

Awesome! I really enjoyed the attention to detail and beautiful pictures. The amount of planning you did is obvious in the good results you had. We are on the same cruise on Millennium in June with a 4 day land excursion. Not as long as your trip but will give us a taste. I have bookmarked your report for future.

Have you ever thought about doing a travel blog. I would love to hear about your African adventure if you have a link. Last year I started a blog after reading such great reports on http://www.travellerspoint.com/ There is no charge and it is a good way to keep all of your adventures together.

We went to Galapagos a few years ago on Celebrity and it was a trip of a lifetime.You will love it.

Again thanks so much for the time invested in this fabulous report. It will help so many others in planning their trips!

Happy and safe travels

Hi Cindygad - thanks for your kind words. I hope you have a wonderful time on your adventure to Alaska. I did put a lot of time and effort into researching our trip, and I know my husband and our friends really appreciated me doing it. I love to research holidays and am always planning something.

I have not done a travel blog. This was my first photo review, although i think I have done a couple of other reviews on here with no photos. This one took me so much time I am not sure I would do it again - if you could just upload your photos quickly directly to the site it would be better, but having to upload them and then transfer them across was a pain. I will have a look at the blog link you provided as that could be a good way of doing it instead.

I did two shutter fly albums of our African adventure. If you send me your email address I can send you the link to look at them. Africa was another incredible adventure.

We loved the Galapagos (and Expedition) as well - just amazing. Looking forward to going back next year. So much world to see and explore!

• 10 months later...

Hi Yvette, I just came across your Alaska review by chance after searching for tips and hints before booking our shore excursions for our upcoming trip in July/August 2016. This will be our first cruise and our first trip to Alaska and I'm so excited as this has been a dream of mine for a very long time! Your review and pictures are amazing thank you so much for sharing them. Thanks to you I have booked a whale watching tour for Hoonah and the Float plane bear watching with Island wings to Anan Creek. It will be my husbands 62nd birthday that day and I'm surprising him with it. :)

We will be spending a few days doing the Rockie Mountains first and a couple of days in Vancouver before boarding Celebrity Infinity for our Vancouver to Vancouver Inside Passage cruise.

Thanks again for all your wonderful pictures and for taking all that time to do an amazing review!

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Yvette, I think that this is the best review I have ever read here at Cruise Critic! My husband and I leave June 5 for our Alaskan adventure and reading this has made me even more excited. We have planned a DIY land tour and then a southbound cruise on the Star Princess. Thank you for taking the time to do this review!