Msc divina stateroom sizes

cruisethirsty

I'm considering a cruise on the Divina but am being run around in cirlces trying to find out about the stateroom sizes. Each category, inside for example, has a range of sizes from 139 square feet to over 200 sq. feet. I would never take a room less than 160 square feet but am having trouble finding out which room is which. I was also told by someone that the larger rooms in each category are designed for up to four people and that MSC won't allow two people to book these rooms. That seems very strange as I've sailed on many ships in staterooms designed for four people. Does anyone know if this restriction is true? Any other information you can provide as to which are the bigger rooms (other than handicapped accessible) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm considering a cruise on the Divina but am being run around in cirlces trying to find out about the stateroom sizes. Each category, inside for example, has a range of sizes from 139 square feet to over 200 sq. feet. I would never take a room less than 160 square feet but am having trouble finding out which room is which. I was also told by someone that the larger rooms in each category are designed for up to four people and that MSC won't allow two people to book these rooms. That seems very strange as I've sailed on many ships in staterooms designed for four people. Does anyone know if this restriction is true? Any other information you can provide as to which are the bigger rooms (other than handicapped accessible) would be greatly appreciated.

There are 4 sizes for inside rooms the majority are 138 sq ft there are some that are 167 sq ft and the insides for 4 people are 169 sq ft and the beds come from the walls. My friend was solo and he had a room for 4.USA...The handicapped rooms are 220 sq ft.

Hi:

Thanks for your interesting and useful information. Do you know how I would tell which rooms are the 167 square feet?

Your welcome , look at the floor plans on deck 10, 11 &12 the inside rooms that are more square shaped and are usually in the center of the hallway for example 11137- 11157 are 167 sq ft and 11107 & 11111 are also 167 sq ft. 12193 is not in the center of the hallway but its the same size. Hope it helps.

Thanks much once again. You sure no the Divina. I wasn't going to book if I could only get a room 139 sf. Just too, too small. This changes everything.

Yes we are going on our fifth cruise and have a 2 more booked and those rooms 167 sq ft are the best as far as the insides go. If you have any questions on the ship or room sizes ask on here and there are a few people that will give you good info.

This is your illustrated Guide to MSC Divina cabins and all the rest of the ship.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

I am very excited that I found this great review. I can't wait to read through it all.. We booked the MSC Divina for December 13 and received our cabin #'s today. It seemed like a great deal on travelzoo but it's our first MSC so we are a little nervous. My parents got 12239 and we got 12160. I am sure you already gave the info I need and this weekend I will read through all your tips. I just know my mom will want the better room and she paid for this for a gift for us so she does deserve it...I wanted to see if you knew the differences.

We are thinking of trying one of the AI drink packages if you have any insight on that too...

Thanks!

Melissa