Price Drop - Moving to online only

jmak315

This may be old news to some of you but I just called Carnival to get another $40.00 in savings and there is a recording telling you that price drops are to now be submitted online and no longer over the phone. I waited to speak with a representative because I didn't hear the whole message (it was cutting in and out) and she confirmed they will no longer be doing it over the phone in September.

She said it was because the online system is more accurate in whether or not the price drop actually applies to the person requesting it, where as a representative honors it when sometimes they shouldn't.

Crap! My experience with submitting that stupid form has been frustrating at best! I have experienced denials with inaccuracies, and then have to appeal and call anyway. After 2 or 3 rounds of this game, it is finally accepted and OBC granted. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Wonder if you can still call in and speak to someone when your ES form is denied? My most recent form about 2 weeks ago and one I submitted for my mother 2 days ago, was denied almost immediately. So I had to call and get them to change it and both times the rep agreed we were eligible for the price drop. Mine was a resident rate I was matching and my mother's cabin was to the sr rate.

I had the same thing happen a few days ago! I submitted the form twice and immediately got denial email. I called my PVP and she honored the price drop. It was immediately! My PVP sent me the email stating they would all be online now and she wouldn't be able to do them anymore but to call her if a problem and she would do what she could to help.

Sooo,

Sounds like we better not count on getting any price adjustments.

They did something like this where I work.

I am not allowed to make corrections even when I know the computer is wrong.

The machines will rule the world soon.

Anyone had the computer approve their price adjustment?

Wow... this will be interesting... all my recent price drops have been denied via the form, but immediately approved over the phone....

And what if the price drop goes back up/increases while waiting to hear back from the form submission? Will the credit still be received for what was submitted on the form?

Wow... this will be interesting... all my recent price drops have been denied via the form, but immediately approved over the phone....

And what if the price drop goes back up/increases while waiting to hear back from the form submission? Will the credit still be received for what was submitted on the form?

I always get a screen shot of the price which also shows the date and particulars, then name it by date and file in a folder on my desktop. :) This may help in a case where you have to fight for your price drop and they waste time arguing with you ;)

I always get a screen shot of the price which also shows the date and particulars, then name it by date and file in a folder on my desktop. :) This may help in a case where you have to fight for your price drop and they waste time arguing with you ;)

How exactly do you do this? I've tried before but it wouldn't paste into the section/field. Is there a way to attach it?

I've submitted several (valid) price drops and gotten immediate denial emails within 3-4 minutes of submitting. I inevitably end up with a CSR on the phone sorting it out. I'll just stop booking ES and go back to booking last minute.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I have this going on right now. Found the price drop on the last day of the Past Guest sale that ended on the 20th. Took awhile for them to tell me I was approved. And then on the new booking confirmation, it only showed a price drop of $10 not the $160 I should have been getting. My PVP was on vacation for a few days but got back to me yesterday and she's working on it. Really glad I did the screen shot.

How exactly do you do this? I've tried before but it wouldn't paste into the section/field. Is there a way to attach it?

Hit "print screen" on your keyboard and then paste and save it as a document. Then send it as an attachment to back up you claim.

Where, EXACTLY, on the website do you check to see if there are price drops and then where, EXACTLY, is the form located?

Sorry to be so EXACT :o but I do better with step by step instructions. Only 17 more days and I'm starting to feel a little rushed.

Where, EXACTLY, on the website do you check to see if there are price drops and then where, EXACTLY, is the form located?

Sorry to be so EXACT :o but I do better with step by step instructions. Only 17 more days and I'm starting to feel a little rushed.

Where, EXACTLY, on the website do you check to see if there are price drops?

I mock book on Carnival.com, just like you would to book a cruise. That way I can see the current rate options and taxes. If it's lower than I paid for my category I fill out the form/used to call it in.

Here's the price protection form: http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Wonder if you can still call in and speak to someone when your ES form is denied? My most recent form about 2 weeks ago and one I submitted for my mother 2 days ago, was denied almost immediately. So I had to call and get them to change it and both times the rep agreed we were eligible for the price drop. Mine was a resident rate I was matching and my mother's cabin was to the sr rate.

This happened to me last time too, about a month ago. I sent the form in online and almost immediately I got an email it had been denied. I didn't think they had even had time to look at it before denying it. I was indeed eligible for the price drop. I called on the phone after that and the agent agreed I was eligible for it. The first thing the agent asked me was if I had submitted it online and I explained that I had. Then she took care of it.

Between that happening so often now and Carnival offering most of their lower sale rates as guarantee cabins to have to keep from adjusting prices, early saver just isn't worth it anymore. The best deals are coming close to sail date. I will book last minute in the future.

I have this going on right now. Found the price drop on the last day of the Past Guest sale that ended on the 20th. Took awhile for them to tell me I was approved. And then on the new booking confirmation, it only showed a price drop of $10 not the $160 I should have been getting. My PVP was on vacation for a few days but got back to me yesterday and she's working on it. Really glad I did the screen shot.

Hit "print screen" on your keyboard and then paste and save it as a document. Then send it as an attachment to back up you claim.

Ok thanks! Is there an email address I send the attachment to? Or is there somewhere I attach it to on the form?

I've submitted several (valid) price drops and gotten immediate denial emails within 3-4 minutes of submitting. I inevitably end up with a CSR on the phone sorting it out. I'll just stop booking ES and go back to booking last minute.

It sure seems like the exact same thing is happening to all of us. Very fast denials before they even have time to look at it. This stinks. Very poor customer service. They are trying to play both sides of the fence by using their price guarantee as a marketing tool to get you to book in advance, but then not honoring the price guarantee so in reality they've sucked you in at a higher price that will stand. Just what Carnival needs right now is more damage to their image and reputation.

Edited by winddawn

I've submitted two forms over the last week and a half and both were approved within 30 min. You have to make sure that you are filling out every question and include a link to the fare viewer page in the section where it asks which website. If you check via a mock booking and include that link then it will most likely deny because the fare viewer page was specifically designed for the purpose of checking for and reporting price differences. The price protection form is approved or denied via a web application much like credit card applications are these days.

If you don't fill out the form completely then it is set to deny. Just make sure you are answering each question with clear, concise answers without over explaining because the program that does the decisions is designed to look at the form for certain keywords for each answer box. If you don't have the correct wording in there then it will deny you. For example, when you put in the name of the site where the lower price is listed, it's looking for keywords such as "Carnival Fare Viewer" as opposed to "mock booking," "Carnival," or just "online."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Mrs CruisinCritter

I received a price decrease yesterday after this...

I originally called to request the price drop. When listening to the options when you do call it states that if you are calling regarding price drop adjustments...that you can go online and fill out a form to request it. This was an option to do this if you didn't want to wait for a live person. So...I submitted to forms which were both denied...the form stated that I did not sign up for the early saver fare. However, I did know that there was a lower rate out there for me with the same category that I had.

I then called carnival again and within 15 minutes I spoke to a rep who was able to change my rate and save me $160.