Britannia and Britainnia Club restaurants

jgd3rdbcfd

First time on Cunard since 2000. Is there a significant difference between meals/service from the Britannia and Britainnia Club restaurants? Is it worth the additional cost?

I have only experienced the Britannia Club on QM2 so cannot compare the two - we booked a Britannia Club stateroom simply because we don't like to be pinned to a fixed mealtime. It also has fixed table allocation at breakfast and lunch which we liked. We did not eat at the buffet at all.

The food and service were very good.

For us it was well worth the cost.

Apart from having your own allocated table for every meal and having open seating ie you can go any time during restaurant hours, as mentioned above, there is a smallish a la carte menu in addition to the Britannia menu. Plus you can get various dishes flambeed at table.

We enjoyed it the one time we booked Britannia, it's a sort of half way house between Britannia and the Grills.

We have only been in Britannia Club once and really enjoyed it. The service was excellent, food hot and the ability to choose your dining tiime is a real advantage in my view.

However, if I remember rightly, it was a great deal more expensive (it was a silver wedding trip so we splurged) and I can't be sure it was "worth the money".

I think it boils down to how much disposable income one has.

We have only been in Britannia Club once and really enjoyed it. The service was excellent, food hot and the ability to choose your dining time is a real advantage in my view.

However, if I remember rightly, it was a great deal more expensive (it was a silver wedding trip so we splurged) and I can't be sure it was "worth the money".

I think it boils down to how much disposable income one has.

I agree with this comment. We did Britannia Club once and booked it really because of the open seating and loved the smaller venue. The food is basically the same, however there are several more choices each evening. For us, the main dining room is fine, on our last cruise on the QE the food was very good as was the service. The biggest issue is that 6:00 is too early and 8:30 is getting to be a little bit late. We choose 8:30 but I would really like an "anytime" dining option which is currently not available.

On basic monetary terms, for cabin and food I would say it is not worth it. But if you are judging worth by intangible benefits the question becomes more difficult to answer. Here's my experience.

We travelled QM2 as a family of 8 and chose BC thinking we might not always eat together but an allocated table would allow individuals to come and go as they pleased. As it turned out the children insisted on dining in the restaurant as a family group morning, noon and night so my original reason for obtaining single seating was totally negated, albeit I was delighted by their preference.

Ultimately, we struck it very lucky with the maître d' and waiting staff and they helped to make the holiday most memorable, possibly because they had much more time to attend to us than waiters would have done in the main part of the restaurant. Trouble is, how does one put a monetary value on that? To us it was priceless.

Good luck with your decision.

M-AR