Food Questions on the Getaway

cheezenip

I have not been on a NCL cruise in over 15 years so I am looking forward to see what changes have taken place.

I have a few questions to ask about food:

(1) Does anyone recall what salad dressings were served at the buffet? Did they change each day or were they the same?

(2) Does anyone recall what fruits were served at the buffet? Did they have any berries in any of the non-specialty dining rooms?

(3) Did they serve rack of lamb any evening in the MDR?

(4) Realizing tastes vary with each individual, what are the "not to be missed" items a cruiser should try on NCL?

Tossing in my 2 cents worth as a new cruiser - we just returned from a week on the Getaway.

The only salad dressing option that seemed to rotate at the buffet was Caesar. The Caesar was my favorite - mild and not overly garlic-y! Other options were the standards you'd find anywhere.

Fruit at the buffet included all melons, pineapple, apples, bananas, and oranges. No berries.

Our favorite dishes from our week - all in standard restaurants:

* ceviche appetizer (I had this twice as my entree!)

* grilled shrimp on Saturday night in MDR.

* turkey chili at the buffet (I know...who eats chili when it's 98 degrees outside? and I don't like ground turkey. But they did this really well!)

* Caesar salad

* Cuban pork in MDR on Saturday - hubby's favorite of the entire trip.

* Coconut ice cream

* Pulled pork, rice and beans, and fried plantains at the little cuban grill on Deck 16 (I forget the name just now). DEFINITELY worth the calories! Shoot, toss in a caramel flan for dessert!

* One of my favorite dinners: an appetizer assortment in the Tropicana including soup, Caesar salad, ceviche, and grilled veggies.

I'd pass on:

* Asian stir frys in buffet. Looked good but tasted really, really salty to me.

* Steak Diane in MDR. OMG. This was a pound or more of meat. Way too much food and too well done.

* Desserts at nighttime buffet. Cookies may be fine, but other baked goods seemed dry and pre-packaged.