Who owns whom???

I'm sure that this question has come up before, and this may not be the right area to post this question, but I have become confused of who own whom. What does Carnival own? What does RCCL own besides X? It seems to me that there are only a handful of shipping companys that own almost all of the cruise lines. If I get aboard a RCCL ship, does it really belong to Carnival?

Don't want to be misleading here, but if one line starts a new rule, does it apply to all lines that are owned by one company? Maybe someone can list the corporate sponser and cruise lines under it for me to understand.

I frequent the RCCL threads, so I'm posting this one here. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Rick

RCCL owns RCI and Celebrity. NCL is owned by Star Cruises (I think). And I think Carnival owns almost everyone else (Princess, HAL, Cunard, Costa, and others).

Usually each cruise line will have its own separate rules.

RCI owns Celebrity & Island Cruises

Carnival owns Cunard, P&O, Princess, Holland America, Costa, Seabourn, Windstar, Ocean Village, AIDA, Arosa

Star Cruises (Malaysia) owns NCL & Orient Line

NYK (Japan) owns Crystal

I'm sure I'm missing some at this late hour, but MSC, Oceania, Silversea, Radisson Seven Seas, SeaDream, Star Clippers, Windjammer, Fred.Olsen, Saga, Peter Deilmann, Hapag-Lloyd, Phoenix-Reisen, Louis, Pullmantur are all still independant

Carnival owns Cunard, P&O, Princess, Holland America, Costa, Seabourn, Windstar, Ocean Village, AIDA, Arosa

Don't forget that it is Carnival Corp. that owns all those as well as Carnival Cruise Lines. The cruise line does not own the other cruise lines.

Don't forget that it is Carnival Corp. that owns all those as well as Carnival Cruise Lines. The cruise line does not own the other cruise lines.
Likewise, Royal Caribbean International Ltd. owns Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and the others listed.

Likewise, Royal Caribbean International Ltd. owns Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and the others listed.

Actually you have it backwards, RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Ltd) owns RCI (Royal Caribbean International)Celebrity, and Island.

Archived