New Princess sale coming

caribill

Don't know if this is the same sale you guys are talking about, but I was just looking at the 5-day Western Carribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess leaving Ft. Lauderdale September 20.

An obstructed oceanview cabin is $229pp with a $200pp OBC! My sweet wife will be out of town most of that week, so she gave me her blessing to look into the cost of a single-occupancy room. Holy cow, were we shocked! While the fare was doubled to $458, the OBC was also doubled to $400. For one person! With my sweetie's ok, I booked it! I'll also be getting a $50 shareholder's credit, so my net cost is $8. Plus taxes, fees, tips, insurance, gas, parking, onboard and onshore purchases. ;) Altogether it still comes to about $40 per day. I can't stay home for that price. Seems like a sweet deal to me.

Just took advantage of the sale on my Aug 2015 cruise. $2 fare savings per person (better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick) but got $300 in OBC total for the four of us.

Elected not to change cabins for an upgrade -- no real difference in one interior over another I don't think. We are on the Ruby's Riviera Deck

Not bad for a ten minute phone call.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yippeee! Saved almost $1100 on our British Isles cruise next August with the sale (including the OBC)...thanks Princess ;)

We are just back from the British Isles cruise on the Ruby. Fabulous!! Got our tickets for the Tattoo as soon as they were available. Don't miss it. Only mistake we made was the Hop On Hop Off bus in Dublin. The city was SO crowded that we should have booked a small group or taxi tour like we did at the other ports. Missed Invergordon because of Hurricane Bertha! We took only one ship tour, to Normandy, and enjoyed immensely. Oh, wish we could do it again next year. Enjoy your planning and your cruise!!

Don't know if this is the same sale you guys are talking about, but I was just looking at the 5-day Western Carribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess leaving Ft. Lauderdale September 20.

Assuming you are talking Sept. 20 this year, the bargain is from a "flash sale" close to sailing in an effort to fill up the ship in a normally slow cruising time of year.

We are looking at an Alaska Cruisetour for late summer 2015. I'd like to take advantage of the 3 in 1 sale offer. Here's my question.... we are sailing for the first time in December with Princess. We've sailed with Carnival, Celebrity, Norwegian, Disney but never Princess. We were planning to purchase FCC onboard but now I'm wondering if the better offer is the 3 in 1 offer now, even though we wouldn't be past passengers yet. The deposit now would be $200 according to the Princess planner. Is the deposit forfeited if you cancel and rebook or is there a "window" where it's completely refunded? THANKS!!!

We are looking at an Alaska Cruisetour for late summer 2015. I'd like to take advantage of the 3 in 1 sale offer. Here's my question.... we are sailing for the first time in December with Princess. We've sailed with Carnival, Celebrity, Norwegian, Disney but never Princess. We were planning to purchase FCC onboard but now I'm wondering if the better offer is the 3 in 1 offer now, even though we wouldn't be past passengers yet. The deposit now would be $200 according to the Princess planner. Is the deposit forfeited if you cancel and rebook or is there a "window" where it's completely refunded? THANKS!!!

The deposit with an FCC would be $100/person, so your $200 quote for a deposit is part of the current sale which gives everyone a $100 deposit.

Your would only lose the deposit (before final payment date) if the offer says deposit non-refundable. Your Princess planner can tell you if that applies.

All you would lose without using an FCC each is an on board credit of $25 or $50 per person, depending what type cabin is booked.

So if the current pricing with the included extras appeals to you, book it now. If you do wait to book your cruisetour, you might find it sold out.

Chances are there will be no price reductions you can get on the cruisetour once you have booked it even if cabin prices have a sale.

I was part of a group booking for an Alaskan cruise/tour that we took last July.

We booked over a year in advance. After booking Princess offered a 3 for Free promotion which our travel agent secured for us. This only applied to the cruise portion of the cruise//tour. Our tour part booked up very quickly as a tour group is limited to about 50 people so expect no sale or promotion benefit related to the land tour. I also advise you to book early to avoid the land tour portion selling out. I also feel that the land tour is something not to be missed. I doubt that I will ever take another Alaskan cruise without a land tour being included. The way Princess takes care of all the logistics is amazing and the scenery and wildlife are spectacular.