Steahouse Questions

ScottsSweetie

I have a few questions about the Steakhouse (we will be on the Freedom, but these answers should be generic).

I understand that the current promotion is a free bottle of wine if you book the steakhouse on night 1 or 2 of a cruise. We will be cruising with the in-laws and would like to treat them to the steakhouse - here are my questions.

1. Since we would like to treat, will Carnival allow us to put all 4 meals on our S&S card?

2. If we put all 4 of our meals on our S&S card, will we only get 1 bottle of wine?

3. If we split the ticket and put 2 meals on each of our S&S cards (and we simply reimburse the in-laws), will we get 1 bottle of wine for each couple?

4. I believe I've read that some people were able to upgrade to a preferred bottle of wine by paying the difference from the free bottle - anyone have a ballpark price on either the credit for the free one or the difference paid for a better option?

5. I am assuming any wine not consumed can be taken with us (high unlikely, but possible ;)).

Thanks for your assistance!

I have a few questions about the Steakhouse (we will be on the Freedom, but these answers should be generic).

I understand that the current promotion is a free bottle of wine if you book the steakhouse on night 1 or 2 of a cruise. We will be cruising with the in-laws and would like to treat them to the steakhouse - here are my questions.

1. Since we would like to treat, will Carnival allow us to put all 4 meals on our S&S card?

Yes. No problem there.

2. If we put all 4 of our meals on our S&S card, will we only get 1 bottle of wine?

On this one I'm not sure. Rather than guess, I'll let someone who knows answer.:o

3. If we split the ticket and put 2 meals on each of our S&S cards (and we simply reimburse the in-laws), will we get 1 bottle of wine for each couple?

Yes. In this scenario, you should be given one bottle per stateroom / couple.

4. I believe I've read that some people were able to upgrade to a preferred bottle of wine by paying the difference from the free bottle - anyone have a ballpark price on either the credit for the free one or the difference paid for a better option?

Again, I have no experience here. But I, too, am interested in the answer.

5. I am assuming any wine not consumed can be taken with us (high unlikely, but possible ;)).

Yes, no problem. It can be sent to your MDR table, so that you can have it for the next night's dinner. I believe they will even let you carry it out of the Steakhouse to take it to your cabin.

Thanks for your assistance!

Happy sails!.:)

Regarding #4 & #5 -

We ate in the steakhouse on the Conquest in May and they offered the choice to upgrade the wine, but I declined. Not sure of the price, but wanted to confirm it is an option available.

My wife doesn't drink wine, so I took the bottle with me back to the stateroom.

On our last cruise we had 4 people in 2 rooms but only got 1 bottle. I asked about it.

I was told since I made reservation for 4 it was only 1 bottle.

If we would have made 2 reservation and ask to sit together we would have gotten 2 bottles.

I was like "really" Its 2 tabs.

She said that was the rules.

Seemed kind of silly to me. But all was good.

So I guess make 2 reservation and ask to sit together when you get there. It did not matter how

we paid at the end.

That was our experience.

On our last cruise we had 4 people in 2 rooms but only got 1 bottle. I asked about it.

I was told since I made reservation for 4 it was only 1 bottle.

If we would have made 2 reservation and ask to sit together we would have gotten 2 bottles.

I was like "really" Its 2 tabs.

She said that was the rules.

Seemed kind of silly to me. But all was good.

So I guess make 2 reservation and ask to sit together when you get there. It did not matter how

we paid at the end.

That was our experience.

Just the kind of info I'm looking for - thanks to all! :p

I ate in the steakhouse last week with a party of 9. I made these reservations on the first day when I boarded for night 2 and was told that we would receive 2 bottles of wine total, which was confirmed when I went I the steakhouse the next morning to confirm the reservations for that night. At dinner once seated by the hostess, we were informed that we would receive 5 bottles of wine, or one per table (we had 5 table pushed together). We chose the Merlot, which was pretty decent. At the end of the dinner our wait staff asked how would we be paying individually, or or one card. There were several couples, in which one of the partners in the couple paid for their total meal on the S&S, and the single diners paid for their individual meal on their card.

Fahrenheit 555 is a great dining experience. I had the cowboy steak which was seasoned and cooked to perfection at medium. The chocolate sampler is also very good, and still has me trying to figure out some of the ingredients and flavors. Our next cruise we'll probably here on both elegant/formal nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk