Best & Worst of Noordam 11 Day ex Barcelona 14 Aug

richardukcruise

Want to expand on the fire????

3 AM alarm sounded, fire detected.

Every 5 minutes tha captain was informing on the situation.

About 15-20 minutes later the fire, which was ironically in the incinerator was extinguished.

I was a little bit worried as I didn't have any warm clothes, because we have put them all in our luggage sooner. We didn't have to leave our staterooms.

About 15-20 minutes later the fire, which was ironically in the incinerator was extinguished.

I was a little bit worried as I didn't have any warm clothes, because we have put them all in our luggage sooner. We didn't have to leave our staterooms.

They seem to have fires in the incinerators a lot. I've had it happen on a few cruises. I always thought that and incinerator was supposed to have fire in it:D

I guess they must be small. I'm thinking they were card table size for lack of a better word. I'd rather take clothes and since I only take one suitcase it makes it tough to keep to the 50 lbs for me.

I suggested to InnLady1 earlier that she take only half the clothes she thinks she needs, so she has decided to fill the extra space in her luggage with furniture.:D:D

They seem to have fires in the incinerators a lot. I've had it happen on a few cruises. I always thought that and incinerator was supposed to have fire in it:D

Incinerator, laundry facility, elevator shaft, Lido kitchen, engine room: we've been through a few.

HAL does a very professional job of handling fires and informing pax and crew!

Thanks for the info. Never a nice situation to be in!!