Southampton check-in time

maina

Recently got notification that our e-tickets are ready for October 8th QM transatlantic from Southampton. Our listed check-in time is 15:30, 15 minutes before the close of check-in. I know it's possible to check in prior to one's listed time, but don't want to push it too much. Do you think 13:30-14:00 might be reasonable? Does it cause problems for stewards (or others) if people from their cabins show up early?

I wouldn't push it that close either.

Nobody is turned away if they come early. By 13:30 or 14:00 the mad crush will be over and you will probably just breeze through.

Cunard uses staggered boarding times to avoid having 2600 passengers all show up at once.

Thanks BlueRiband. When we boarded QM for transatlantic from NY 2 years ago, I think our check-in time was around 14:30; we showed up about 45 minutes before and went through with little to no wait. I just wasn't sure if the situation is similar in Southampton. Last time we were on deck 5, and this time on deck 4, which I suspect is last in the official boarding schedule. But maybe we'll be upgraded and end up with a different "official" check-in time. (Last time we were upgraded from ocean view to sheltered balcony about 2-3 weeks before departure--had to reprint everything. :D)

I don't think they take any notice of the times - we usually turn up for 12/12:30 even with a given time of 3:15. I think there is a natural staggering of arrival as people have various modes of transport brining them to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD