Theme Night (50's, Western, etc.)

silly2003

I've heard people mention theme night, how do you tell if there is going to be a theme night on the cruise. This is RC Adventure of the Seas. I've got the booklet they sent and it doesn't even say how many formal,casual nights in the booklet, I had to get that from the website.

Unless you are really really really into the theme thing, you won't need any kind of 'costuming' or anything. Out of the 12 cruises I have been on, I've only seen people dressed up a few times. The crew members will dress and the shows will follow the theme, but as for a costume day? Doesn't really happen. Once in a while you'll see a guy in jeans and white tee shirt with his hair slicked back and a gal in a poodle skirt on 50s night, or a couple of cowboy hats and boots on western night, but generally, the theme is only carried out by the staff and crew. At least on the cruises I have been on. You can dress to the theme, but you will be in the minority. NOW, usually there is a "caribbean" themed night scheduled and they usually schedule that for a night after a great shopping port, so sarongs, aloha shirts and caribbean wear are everywhere. That would be really the only theme that is usually carried out well by passengers!

When we cruised on the Adventure, they only had Caribbean night, and not even then did many people dress for that, usually only wearing Hawaiian prints shirts. Cruise lines have really done away with the whole theme night thing.

Theme nights are wrapped around the dinner service. For example caribbean nights is when people bring their hawaiin shirt and eat caribbean food like jerked chicken or pork- pineapple chicken. 50's night is what they do at the disco and I have not seen anyone at all dressed in custom for that.

The cruise lines did away with it because of weight restrictions for flying to the pier.

Archived