Just off the Triumph sailing 8/25/14

Raven Days

This review will be photo free....we have all seen photos of the Triumph since her upgrades/repair. So no need for more. This was a 5 day to Progeso and Cozumel.

Pre Cruise we stayed at the SpringHill Suites, Galveston Island. Great beds, mediocre breakfast and slow as a snail wifi! I have had dial up that was faster and better! Other than that....very nice hotel. I do have 3 rooms booked at this hotel for my April cruise....may cancel and book elsewhere.

This was my 2nd time on the Triumph. I was on her in 2011. She is a bit rusty around the edges, seriously...there is rust around the edges! I think she could stand a paint job. Other than that...she looked great.

I loved the new upgrades...Alchemy Bar being my favorite. I was not impressed with the quality of the burgers at Guy's, and I think if he were to taste the one I had he would have pulled a "Gordon Ramsey"....I bit into it and grease flooded my mouth! Ewww.....The Blue Iguana was fantastic and comparable with Chipotle's. I visited the EA Sports Bar...just to take photos. The taste bar had some good selections ... a couple were from Cucino Del Capitano and the Red Frog pub (not on this ship - coming in the future maybe?). The food in the MDR was really good (except for the meatloaf....it was indescribable and gross; I ended up eating the mashed potatoes as my dinner that night). What wasn't so good? The service! It would take 2 hours to complete dinner each night. They were so slow. On every other ship/cruise I have been on, if they knew I liked lemons with my tea, they would be waiting for me when I arrived to be seated....not so on this cruise. I and another table mate had to constantly ask for them. Our table and one other was always the last to leave.....we sat one night for over 20 minutes just waiting for the dessert menu's....I got up and left. On the bright side, Mr V the Matrie D.....was funny and he accommodated my request to move to a center "stage" table.....very kind man. We had brunch on both sea days...I never had lunch or breakfast on the Lido...with the exception of Guys and Blue Iguana....

I went to the Punchliner Comedy show and LOVED it. Kim Harrison and Tommy Drake were the comedians and they both rocked! I had seen Tommy Drake on the Magic when I was on her in April. I also enjoyed the illusionist show with Anders Hansen. He was super fantastic! I had seen the Big Easy show before....so its basically the same. We wanted to see "A Kiss Goodnight" but by the time we got there it was standing room only....so I missed that. Not sure why they had such a popular show in Club Rio? Even though I dont smoke, I stopped by the Venezia Lounge....I loved the color scheme of this area.

I was in Cabin 8300 which is a port side Balcony cabin. The cabin was just like all the others I have been in....I did notice that they upgraded the TV to a flat screen however. I wish this ship had the mini fridges....it was a pain getting my cabin steward to put ice each day in the bucket for my wine. The only negative I can think of for the cabin was that the water in the sink, was never cold, no matter how long I let it run. I would brush my teeth with warm water.

I did not book any ship excursions. I opted to use AutoProgreso for a tour to Merida for $25. It was a pretty nice tour. I had never been to Merida before. I usually just stay in Progreso. In Cozumel....I took a cab to the Punta Langosta Mall, which I think is the dock for NCL.

So this is the shortest review I have ever done....so if anyone has any questions...ask away. I wanted to add that I had FTTF and was on the ship and in my cabin by 11:30. I had my bags by 12pm. Quickest ever. Upon debarkation, I was off the ship and in my car by 9am. I highly recommend FTTF!

Edited by Raven Days

Just wanted to say hi from a Breeze cruiser who was next to your ship in Cozumel. You definitely were on the "party" boat of the 2, as I enjoyed your DJs show right outside my balcony for the hour prior to leaving!

He was great! I cant remember his name...he looked to be about 12! I was standing next to him and took videos and photos of your ship! I was waiting to see if there were any pier runners.....but....I was disappointed. There was a few that were late, however. I am not sure what part of "be back on the ship no later than 3.30" that some people do not understand?

But you are right....it was a party ship! And what a party it was!!!! I think I spent more on alcohol this cruise than ever before. I am not a drinker so spending $180 on drinks is a lot for me! Usually my tab is about half that.