3 day West Coast Getaway questions

Kruzin Karen

Taking some friends on their first cruise ever, and we're doing the 3 day out of LA. Can my friends still get on board with their certified copies of their birth certificates, or do they need to get passports? Will the 3 day have a formal night or Chef's Table? Thanks for the help!

Edited by Kruzin Karen

Taking some friends on their first cruise ever, and we're doing the 3 day out of LA. Can my friends still get on board with their certified copies of their birth certificates, or do they need to get passports? Will the 3 day have a formal night or Chef's Table? Thanks for the help!

Last I knew they can board with a birth certificate and gov't issued photo ID (such as a driver's license). Just make certain they are aware that if they have to leave the ship in Ensenada due to accident or illness, they cannot fly home to the US from Mexico--you must have a passport for that. Double check with Princess' web site to be sure about the birth certificate, though. Things change.

My upcoming 4-day has no formal nights, so I assume your 3-day wouldn't either. It tells you in your cruise docs, if you want to verify.

I'm not sure about the Chef's Table, so perhaps someone who knows can weigh in here.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Ryndam2002

Thanks! My friends have a sixteen year old who doesn't drive yet. Does he need a government issued ID as well as his birth certificate? I'm sorry there's no Chefs Table; there was one on our 4 day getaway, but they never notified us. Sad to miss it again!

Yes, the 16 year old will need a government ID.

Unless something goes wrong and there is a necessity to fly home :eek:

I personally think a passport is the only way to go. But in this case, you could just take ground transportation to San Diego and fly from there. And most people that take these 3-day cruises live locally anyway.

Those of you that have taken the short coastal cruises LA to YVR or YVR to LA . what type of weather did you experience .. I know they are only at the beginning/end of Alaska season so usually May and Sept. It would be a convenient cruise but I always worry that it would be quite cold especially around the Bay area.

Very curious!

Done this route three times. Once RT in June and two northbound repos end of April.

Two were smooth as glass and warm. Our first one in April we hit a horrendous storm. Three days of high seas. Even with this one we only needed our jackets on Grouse Mtn.

There can be more movement northbound because you're going against the southbound current.

Edited by SadieN