Large family- finding a sand/swimming and snorkeling beach, good food on a budget?

GMwifey

I have looked up reviews of all kinds, looked at the charts and maps of which beaches have what,what has the best snorkeling, what has the best things for kids to do. I am still undecided. Here are our needs

5 adults ( me, my husband, my parents, and my sister)

3 kids ( 5,6,7)

My parents want to snorkel and take the kids to snorkel, but we also know they will not last a long time snorkeling. We all have our own snorkel gear.

We also want there to be a part of a sand beach where they can play

I am looking for food, and a budget.

My husband does not care much at all

For the beach part we would like to stay together.

It will only be for a couple hours as towards the afternoon my husband and I will break away to walk around the shops and of course I will eat more food.

So a sand/swimming beach, snorkeling, only for a couple hours, would love food and drinks to be available for purchase. We do have our own snorkel gear, and need it on a small budget.

I have looked into:

Paradise Beach( I am thinking this will be okay, but the kids are on the small side, I am worried they will not be able to do the inflatables)

Playa Mia

Sunset Beach

Playa Uvas

Mr Sanchos

Nachii Cochem

Cruise port insider

Cozumel insider

Thanks for the tips in advance!

How important is snorkeling to your group? :confused:

Snorkeling will be poor at any beach with a sandy bottom and waves - the waves cloud the water and without rocks/reefs there is nowhere for the little fish to live/hide. This applies to Nachi (not a good match for your kids), Mr. S, PB, etc.

Chankanaab offers great beach area plus a separate snorkel lagoon :D, good food/drinks/service but comes with a $20 admission fee per adult. :(

Money bar offers great snorkeling from the shore with no admission fee :D, great facilities and service, but has no beach (it does have a sandy area for sunning an relaxing) - probably not what your 3 kids are looking for.

Your kids ages are a great match for playa mia, but the snorkeling from the shore (as mentioned above) will be poor.

You might need to choose to separate for a part of the day (so adults can snorkel) or skip snorkeling and choose a spot best situated for the kids. Your call. :)