Any advice car rental

Mz11378

We will be on the breakaway on 9/7 - 9/14 - when we return we want to drive to the Borgata in A/C - then to Brooklyn for a few days - leaving back to Haiti - JFK on 9/21 - can anybody help with where an affordable - reliable place to rent from may be - my only real idea is to go to JFK after the cruise either with a NCL transfer or a cab - better variety and I imagine cheaper

thank you

We will be on the breakaway on 9/7 - 9/14 - when we return we want to drive to the Borgata in A/C - then to Brooklyn for a few days - leaving back to Haiti - JFK on 9/21 - can anybody help with where an affordable - reliable place to rent from may be - my only real idea is to go to JFK after the cruise either with a NCL transfer or a cab - better variety and I imagine cheaper

thank you

.....you might want to post this over on the East Coast Deaprtures board. You might get more answers over there.

wasiii

Actually, car rental from the airport is often more expensive because they have lots of extra fees.

With a few miles of the cruiseport there are many national car rental agencies. go to any online travel site to pick one that works for you.

Whenever I rent a car, I typically do one of the "name your price" sites because all rental places have the same cars (ford, chevy, toyota, etc). Often I can find a pre paid price there that's unbelievably cheap. Just last month I rented a Jetta for the weekend (friday-sunday Richmond, VA from the airport) and with taxes, fees and everything, it was $35! I couldn't believe how cheap it was. A cab, one way, was $40. No brainer.

I realize car rental in the NY area will probably be more but for my upcoming cruise this February out of Tampa we're going down two days early to tour. I used priceline and bid $17 a day and got it for a compact (Toyota Corolla or similar). When I printed the invoice, it was from National, right at the Tampa airport.

I have always found the best prices with National Car rental. You might want to pick up from a location close to the port, to avoid additional fees as stated by a previous poster and return to JFK for convenience. If you do some research, you may find a discount code that you are eligible to use for National Car rental. The codes on the BJs website seem open to the general public and can get you a decent discount.

thanks for the tips - used priceline - bid - got a great price - but I will have to go to airport but was more then half price off - it is budget

Half price off of what?

Compared to airport? Compared to renting downtown?

Add in the taxi to the airport?