Are their lines for public busses at Newport or Bar Harbor?

camasidaho

On the ncl gem's new England cruise in a few weeks. Unsure to post it under NCL or new England so I will do both. Noticed at Bar Harbor the Gem tenders. There are 2900 people on the gem. The Lulu lobster boat takes 30 people, meaning about 1 % of the passengers of the Gem would fill up that tour.

Also in that port, but perhaps it applies to newport, there is 1 spot to get the bus that comes every 15 minutes. Wouldn't that be swamped with huge lines? I am talking the free bus route 1 that picks up people to go to the visitor center... 50 people per bus, every 15 minutes... do the math and if just a 1/3rd of the passengers wanted the free bus that would take all day.

so are people taking these types of busses and tours? Are there long lines of people waiting for the bus at Bar Harbor? (I will post this on new England also).

So we go to Newport. Bus 67 takes people by and to the mansions... again, every 20 minutes, 50 passengers, got thousands on board... if only 10% of the ship went on a do it yourself tour and take the public bus 67, they couldn't get everyone over and back to cliff row in 1 day, and you add in non ship riders to the bus and you got a mess.

Its early in the morning here.. am I worried about nothing? Who has recently been to Bar Harbor or Newport.. again, both tender towns, both with public transportation, and my question is- are there long lines of people waiting for that next bus?